Knack - Seventh Son Benny Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knack - Seventh Son Benny Timing

When spending a Benny using the Knack Edge - Seventh Son: do you wait until after the dice roll associated with the spent Benny (eg Marshall does a soak roll) so you see the actual effect of the spent Benny, or do you spend before the roll (eg Marshall does not make the soak roll at all).

I would say the knack needs to be used before anything is rolled, so GM says that enemy is using a benny to reroll/soak etc and before he actually does it the player with the knack says nope.
    I come to this conclusion because it says that it is negating the benny and not the action after.
    Also if the GM used it to get a new card and the knack stops it after the npc got a joker what would happen then?
    I think it makes most sense that it isbefore

Comment

Originally posted by ChoTimberwolf View Post
      I would say the knack needs to be used before anything is rolled, so GM says that enemy is using a benny to reroll/soak etc and before he actually does it the player with the knack says nope.
      I come to this conclusion because it says that it is negating the benny and not the action after.
      Also if the GM used it to get a new card and the knack stops it after the npc got a joker what would happen then?
      I think it makes most sense that it isbefore

Thank you for your reply. I feel this ruling would make the edge next to useless. Having only 3 bennies myself and using them for other things, the GM can easily just spend another Benny to try again. The rules state it is negating the EFFECT of the Benny, which to me IS the “action” (e.g. soak roll) after.

Comment

If the GM is getting into a Benny bidding war, that's time to leave the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Swadefriend View Post

Thank you for your reply. I feel this ruling would make the edge next to useless. Having only 3 bennies myself and using them for other things, the GM can easily just spend another Benny to try again. The rules state it is negating the EFFECT of the Benny, which to me IS the “action” (e.g. soak roll) after.
          This is just my interpretation, general advice for gms is to give each player around 1 benny per hour gametime I think, so even in a benny war player should win.
          But my ruling would be that I cant spend another benny for the cancelled one. Its a super powerful edge

Comment

Working...
          X