Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are people’s feelings on Chi Masters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadArchivist
    commented on 's reply
    Being able to cast Bolt and Burst in broad daylight was a good benefit back in DLR, made them unique in having offensive powers that didn’t have drawbacks (no lynch mobs like Hucksters or blowing up/going insane like Mad Scientists)

• Akerbakk
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed - I have seen this argument before and thought it bunk. With the stats and prerequisites required of the CM, they should have additional benefits.

• MadArchivist
    replied
    Originally posted by lunchmoney View Post

I think you and your replyer are missing a crucial point: hexslingers run a much higher risk of being lynched as a witch.
    Hexslingers are more subtle than regular Hucksters so that’s actually a further point of power over the base AB. Also that same argument would apply to Shamans who also get freebie castings (Via Spirit’s Favored) and still don’t have the drawbacks/prerequisites that Chi Masters do.
    only Hucksters have that “necktie party” drawback, each other AB is safe from it RAW, which means the Chi Master’s subtlety isn’t more of a benefit than any other non-Huckster AB

Leave a comment:

• lunchmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Akerbakk View Post
    Out of the box, I don't think they are quite as comparable to the other ABs. They require a lot of Attributes to be effective, and have some severe limits on their powers.

I've house-ruled they may ignore -2 MAP when activating certain powers and taking another action in a turn. This feels right to me and balances their small list of power available and the lack of Limitations they may use to stretch their PP pool.
    I think you and your replyer are missing a crucial point: hexslingers run a much higher risk of being lynched as a witch.

Leave a comment:

• MadArchivist
    commented on 's reply
    Seems reasonable, Hexslingers get the same thing and don’t have nearly as difficult prerequisites

• Akerbakk
    replied
    Out of the box, I don't think they are quite as comparable to the other ABs. They require a lot of Attributes to be effective, and have some severe limits on their powers.

I've house-ruled they may ignore -2 MAP when activating certain powers and taking another action in a turn. This feels right to me and balances their small list of power available and the lack of Limitations they may use to stretch their PP pool.

Leave a comment:

• MadArchivist
    started a topic What are people’s feelings on Chi Masters?

What are people’s feelings on Chi Masters?

Now that DLWW has been out for a bit and people have had opportunities to run through a few times, what are everyone’s thoughts on the changes made to Chi Masters? Do they feel comparable to other ABs or a good option for melee players? Thanks in advance!
Working...
X