blessed - having the power "blast"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blessed - having the power "blast"?

is it anyhow possible for a blessed (who doesnt have the blast on his spell list, at least not in the core rulebook ) to have the spell "blast" ?
    maybe from any of the dlc books?

or in general: does someone know a way to learn spells , which you cant normally use in Deadlands the weird west?

Rules as written, no.

Blessed do not typically have access to abilities that directly do damage. Their abilities are normally focused on buffs or status effects, such as Boost Trait, Smite, Warrior’s Gift, Confusion and Stun.

However, with a good explanation and the GM’s blessing (see what I did there?), a Blessed could be allowed to take powers they otherwise wouldn’t have access to on a case by case basis.

Comment

• ellipses
      ellipses commented
      Editing a comment
      GoldeneLuger Rules as Written, the only Arcane Background in Deadlands: the Weird West that has access to Blast is the Mad Scientist.

As an American who can only read/speak English and Bad English, I’m sadly not able to comment on any weird translation issues. Anyways, hope this helped

• GoldeneLuger
      GoldeneLuger commented
      Editing a comment
      yes it helped. i kinda already thought so, but noone is perfect and i also can make mistakes or oversee things, so i rather asked here.

its not really a issue, the people might had theire reasons. some things not really have a counterpart. but other things like the two gun kid edge you just cant recognise, what makes it kinda hard to work with a german corerulebook for savage worlds and a english weird west book.

just so you understand the problem: two gun kid you would (word to word) translate with "zwei hand kind" what just sounds super weird in german. so they just went and translated it into "doppelhändiger fernkampf" , what would (again word to word tranlated) be "double handed distance combat" or something like that. i hope that explains the problem a bit and shows that its not just my incompetence in speaking the english language

• ellipses
      ellipses commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I can’t imagine that Pinnacle’s fondness for using American idioms and expressions are doing the translators any favors…

As an American who can only read/speak English and Bad English,
    "What is divine light?"

"MUULLLTIPASS!"

Comment

Working...
    X