X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lunchmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post
    Classic books go into a lot more depth on their subjects.
    This doesn't make them superior gaming resources, since all that information can be hampering to creativity and adventure ideas (I've had a few ideas fall apart when I read some highly detail information about a few NPCs and their activities). But they do have a lot more depth on their subjects.

Reloaded books tend to be a lot more focused on the broad strokes - giving the Marshal enough information to figure it out and moving on to the next subject, 'cause full color pages aren't cheap and we've only got so many for this book.
    The other thing Reloaded books tend to do better is to concentrate their information about a particular subject into one or two locations, and then make those locations relatively easy to find.

That's how I perceive them, anyway.
    That's what I wanted to say, but you put it much more elegantly than I could have.

Leave a comment:

• ValhallaGH
    replied
    Classic books go into a lot more depth on their subjects.
    This doesn't make them superior gaming resources, since all that information can be hampering to creativity and adventure ideas (I've had a few ideas fall apart when I read some highly detail information about a few NPCs and their activities). But they do have a lot more depth on their subjects.

Reloaded books tend to be a lot more focused on the broad strokes - giving the Marshal enough information to figure it out and moving on to the next subject, 'cause full color pages aren't cheap and we've only got so many for this book.
    The other thing Reloaded books tend to do better is to concentrate their information about a particular subject into one or two locations, and then make those locations relatively easy to find.

That's how I perceive them, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• lunchmoney
    replied
    I'm getting by ok and I've never read any of the classic books.

Leave a comment:

• Andrewfroehlich1
    started a topic Reloaded v Classic

Reloaded v Classic

This something I've noticed as a Marshal. Aside from rules and adventures, despite running Reloaded I rely heavily on the world building from classic. The information is superior to that present in Reloaded, when there's a whole book dedicated to lost Angels alone. Am I alone in this sentiment? I enjoy having the easier to understand rules but the classic books over all I find superior.
Working...
X