Hang him....And Hang his horse!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang him....And Hang his horse!!

So in excitement for my new Deadlands pledge and to get more ideas for the campaign I have been watching Westerns. I did all the obvious ones. The Quick and the Dead, Deadwood from HBO, Tombstone. All the obvious ones. Then I discovered The Adventures of Brisco County. I believe Bruce Campbell has lent his fame to the Deadlands team before. Great series. You can get it on Amazon Prime at a steal.

Another great western TV show to watch is Godless on Netflix! It's a mundane western story, but one of the best I've ever seen.

Comment

• Randolfo
      Randolfo commented
      Editing a comment
      Loved it!

A great western is Shane. Watch it! It'll make you feel like less of a man. Not only will you be sobbing from the moving story, you'll realize you'll never be as great of a person as Shane.

Comment

This seems like a topic for the Deadlands section of the forum.
      And this thread https://www.pegforum.com/forum/deadl...ird-west-films
      Like what you have read in someone's post? Hit that like button and let everyone know.

I run Deadlands Reloaded. One of my players writes an incharacter blog here --> http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blog...deadlands.html

Comment

A great book that might help is The Hawkline Monster. Just strange enough to fit right into Deadlands.

Comment

Not saying great movies, but both I walked away thinking someone had put their deadlands game to movie

Jonnah Hex
          Wild Wild West

Comment

I’ve made this comment here before, but “Bone Tomahawk”…

Man. I’m not even sure I like this movie, if I’m being honest, and it’s arguably a little um… problematic in its depiction of Native Americans, but it haunts me. Definitely do not watch if you can’t handle some graphic violence.

Comment

I did a scenario bases on Bone Tomahawk, making the bad guys into the stone warriors that have a pact with an evil elemental. Just a quick night Raid kidnapping the PC that was absent, a nice chase sequence to get back to the cave and then a final shootout/battle in the caves. Worked great, and using some screenshot from the movie were awesome for the mood.

Comment

Working...
              X