Harrowed: Dominion is voluntary only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrowed: Dominion is voluntary only?

Is it accurate that Dominion comes into play only if a player voluntarily "lets the devil out"?

I have a player comment that if he played a Harrowed, he'd simply never choose to let the devil out. Basically, being unkillable (without a head shot) and getting cool powers was more than enough, and he'd never have to worry about his manitou causing problems. If he were to take this approach, would the GM have any options for bringing Dominion into play?

Originally posted by pkitty View Post
    Is it accurate that Dominion comes into play only if a player voluntarily "lets the devil out"?

I have a player comment that if he played a Harrowed, he'd simply never choose to let the devil out. Basically, being unkillable (without a head shot) and getting cool powers was more than enough, and he'd never have to worry about his manitou causing problems. If he were to take this approach, would the GM have any options for bringing Dominion into play?
    Let me get this straight, the player would never ever call upon a power which adds +1d6 to all rolls for 5 rounds (equivalent to a point of Conviction and 4 Bennies), and they also believe in the world of Deadlands there's no other way for an evil spirit animating and empowering their body to somehow gain Dominion.

Good luck.

Seriously though, yes, it's possible. Of course, the Marshal can create whatever they want, but such things do exist in the setting. A player should never think something is impossible simply because they aren't aware of it.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Cool, thanks, That's actually pretty much what my response was, but I wanted a bit of official support to back me up. I figured the GM could rule that a situation called for Dominion issues, but whenever I'm about to say "screw the rules" in a situation that actually screws a player, I feel like I need to triple-check that I'm being fair.

Comment

Working...
      X