General Crater Lake question: Resting and power points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Crater Lake question: Resting and power points

How is time supposed to work in the game? Should players say "OK, I'm spending an hour at this safe place, surrounded by people, to rest up and catch my breath, and also regain some power points," or should they look for specific moments that say "and now you can rest?" The initial section appears to have several places where there's time to heal up and recover your energy or fatigue -- and the immediate "move to the next section of the story" task doesn't appear to have a hard deadline of any sort -- but I don't know what the designer intent was. Is this supposed to be a push, push, push sort of experience, or should players take advantage of time they see to take things at their own pace?

Based on how I run Savage Worlds, I'd say rest anytime you want if it's in a safe place. PP and Fatigue are meant more for increasing tension in a given scene or combat. Not like spell slots in DnD. If nothing is looming on the horizon, feel free to let the meter refill.

Comment

Of note, Power Points can be recovered while doing light effort. Like strolling across a town, or fishing at a stream.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I've only gone through the first chapter, so far, but I noticed a few descriptions in that chapter that said "It takes X hours to...", so I assumed that could be used as downtime. However, I think MichaelDawn 's answer is also valid.

Comment

Working...
        X