Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlands Conversion Document

Hi all,

Does anyone know if a conversion document has been created for general conventions in converting old materials (e.g. The Flood). Obviously that material is not quite appropriate given the Morgana Effect, but for playability it is unrivaled. For the other settings there were documents that were created to address how to bring old editions in line with SWADE. Has something similar been done for the new version of Deadlands? Any help would be great.

To my knowledge, there's no official conversion document for any Deadland's material pre-SWADE. That being said, the rules themselves aren't that different, and NPCs have never followed the same rules as PCs, so you probably don't have to do much with their skill blocks. Does it really matter if an NPC has both Tracking and Survival or Climbing and Throwing? Not really. I would just make sure to use the SWADE version of any Edge/Hindrance, and if they do have a high Guts skill for example, or a lot of Grit, give them the appropriate Edges to reflect that. Charisma has always been affected by various Edges/Hindrances, so I would just use the SWADE version of whatever Edge/Hindrance modified their Charisma. With a little preparation, you should be able to convert any pre-SWADE Deadlands material for your own use without much trouble.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

I'm unaware of a free conversion document.

I am aware of a new setting core book. That should be sufficient for your The Flood conversion needs.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thanks both. I'll give it a go. I have had a bit of practice with converting old deadlands classic to DLR, but thought with some of the larger changes that have been made from SWD to SWADE that it might not be that simple.

Comment

Explorer's or Deluxe to Adventure Edition is a lot easier than Classic to Savage.

The real difficulties are: 1) a lot of Edges have the same names but changed mechanics, so remembering how the rules work now can be tricky. 2) Remembering that NPCs work different from PCs.

Good luck!
          I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
          X