Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase across the desert

Hi pardners,

My posse is chasing a bad guy across the Sonoran Desert. It's not a car chase, more anIan endurancetendurance thing. IsaIs there a one sheet or adventure with a good example for this classic trope?

I'm not recalling any such, by my recollection of Deadlands adventures isn't encyclopedic and I don't have the time to refresh that right now.

That said, this sounds like a good time to use either the Chase rules (see the Naval Chases section on page 120) or a Dramatic Task.
    Personally, I'd favor the Dramatic Task, having each "round" be several hours or an entire day depending upon how long I think it will take the target, and make it a Dangerous Task (like a Quick Encounter). Critical Failure causes d4 Wounds as the desert nearly kills the character some how. Failure causes a Wound from sun, sharp rocks, snake bite, or pushing them self too hard. Success causes a level of Fatigue. A Raise has no drawbacks.
    I would allot a number of "rounds" equal to half the characters, rounded up, and require a total of (PC * Rounds) successes to cat up to the varmint. So a posse of 5 has 3 rounds to generate 15 successes or the prey gets across the desert with enough of a lead to escape.

Good luck!
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
    X