Alchemy vs Artificer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchemy vs Artificer

I am just curious as to what people think about the edge and when it would be better to take alchemy over artificer.

I have a player who is thinking about a snake oil style salesman who can produce real potions. They were already thinking about taking boost and heal as their starting powers as they see the character more as a buffer than a fighter. Since alchemy only allows you to make 3 potions a day it dosnt see worth it if you are already taking boost and healing compared to taking Artificer and making potions that way. Am I missing something?

Alchemy is guaranteed to use only one Power Point, is easier for your allies to use, and doesn't require a raft of creativity.
    Artificer is more flexible (you can do something besides heal or boost) and arcane devices last longer than 24 hours.

Both have advantages. For the described character, Alchemy would give him something to sell and forget about. Arcane Devices last until used up or destroyed. Both lock up a character's Power Points.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• MadArchivist
      MadArchivist commented
      Editing a comment
      Additionally, the potions don’t directly use a spell so you don’t have to have the equivalent spell learned. e.g. peptonic means that your player doesn’t have to take relief if they don’t want to, but they can take it for flexibility, ease of use, and to save a few bucks.
Working...
X