Deadland Weird West Archetype Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadland Weird West Archetype Cards

Are the NPCs contained within the KS Archetype Cards intended to be Extras? Or Wild Cards?
    In the product description, they are listed as "Seasoned". This leads me to think of them as Wild Cards.
    However, in the "Rascals" section of the Weird West core rule book, many of the NPCs are not identified as Wild Cards. Despite having similar stats.

I could GM them either way (just add the Wild Die and a couple wounds). So, maybe the answer is both?
    I'm just curious how others are looking at this.

Welcome to the forum!

The Archetype cards are intended to be used as ready-to-play player characters. PCs are (nearly) always Wild Cards.

You can use them as NPCs, and they work fine as Extras or excellently as Wild Cards. The choice to make an NPC a Wild Card is a campaign-specific choice, often defined by too many factors to quickly discuss in a forum post.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

If you are using the allies rule from SWADE them the archetypes make great allies for your posse.

Comment

Working...
      X