Question about hexslingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about hexslingers

With the hexslinger casting ammo whammy with his hex gun, would he still have the multi-action penalty for shooting his gun in the same round? And if so, would the shooting be at a -2?

Looks like it would. Good thing it has a duration of 5 rounds.

Edit: Never mind. I conveniently forgot that the Hexslinging Edge allows ammo whammy to be cast on yourself as a free action.
    Last edited by werenimal; 07-02-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
      ValhallaGH commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a free action. You can't cast it while Shaken. But it does allow casting without generating MAP.

• werenimal
      werenimal commented
      Editing a comment
      Derp, right. Misremembered.

No you do not. When it says ignore the multi action penalty it is as if you are only making one action.

Comment

• ellipses
      ellipses commented
      Editing a comment
      Pedant alert: casting the spell would still count as one of your three available actions, but would not incur a MAP.

Originally posted by Martenson View Post
    With the hexslinger casting ammo whammy with his hex gun, would he still have the multi-action penalty for shooting his gun in the same round? And if so, would the shooting be at a -2?
    No.
    Once complete, any hexslinger can use that weapon to cast any of the following powers (assuming they have them) on or with the hex gun without incurring a Multi-Action penalty: ammo whammy, deflection, boost Shooting, and protection.
    The only way MAP would apply is if the Hexslinger was taking a third action.

That's virtually the same language Two Gun Kid uses to let you fire a pistol from each hand without MAP. The semantics are immaterial to the game effects.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
    X