Deadlands Weird West final release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlands Weird West final release

They have announced the release is tomorrow (just saw a tweet that was 9 hours old, so about half 9 in the evening my UK time, so "tomorrow" could be today).
    Is it ready? Surely a final draft for the proof readers is in order first? PEGClint PEGJodi
    Like what you have read in someone's post? Hit that like button and let everyone know.

I run Deadlands Reloaded. One of my players writes an incharacter blog here --> http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blog...deadlands.html

Tuesday is the typical update day. June 30 is probably a bit later than they wanted to be finished by but here we are.
    The document is still subject to errata, but they have to declare it "finished" and send it off to the printer at some point. I assume we've reached that point; which is a business decision, more than anything else.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Fingers crossed they took the feedback about Chi Masters and Hexslingers to heart. To my mind, those seemed to be the topics of the most contention.

Comment

This is just the public release for the pdf they still usually have at least one more errata after this since there will be alot more eyes on the product.

Comment

Hopefully they fix the shaman before this goes to print, it doesn’t really have a particularly unique flavor as it stands.

Comment

Originally posted by MadArchivist View Post
            Hopefully they fix the shaman before this goes to print, it doesn’t really have a particularly unique flavor as it stands.
            Being limited to horses, stone age tools, sleeping outside towns, and living a neo-lithic life as the price of being able to do magic (up to and including raising the dead) isn't a unique flavor?
            ... We have very different ideas about what constitutes "unique flavor".
            I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• MadArchivist
              MadArchivist commented
              Editing a comment
              I meant that it seemed like shamans don’t bring a lot unique to the table as opposed to blessed mechanically.

• ValhallaGH
              ValhallaGH commented
              Editing a comment
              MadArchivist Blessed aren't bringing anything unique to the table, mechanically. They have a defined source of RP-based circumstance penalties.
              By contrast, the Shaman no longer has the Old Ways restriction. Removing that puts them on par with Blessed - about half an Edge above baseline AB (Miracles).

• MadArchivist
              MadArchivist commented
              Editing a comment
              I made the comment before i read the newest version. just finished now, looks great! Totally happy with the changes.

Originally posted by MadArchivist View Post
            ...cries in Chi Master...

Comment

I'm really confused by why the Territorial Ranger didn't raise his Agility to d8 then raise his Fighting and Shooting to a d8. As written, he has Agility d6 for absolutely no reason.

Comment

Also disappointed that they didn't fix Veteran O' The Weird West, only because it was such a simple thing. I realize people aren't likely to draw both Jokers in a row, but it's just weird to explicitly mention this as a possibility, and then not actually have a rule for it.

EDIT: I just saw where this was mentioned in the change log, but hasn't actually been fixed in the new PDF. Hopefully this "version 1.0" is still going to get revised then . . .

Comment

• ellipses
                  ellipses commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They also mention lowering the weight of Armored Dusters without lowering the Minimum Strength Requirement, which was the real concern.

ellipses yeah while I am glad they dropped the weight down to 10lb I was still hoping that the heavy jacket and the light duster had their strength requirements swapped. I can understand needing a d8 str for 4 points of armor but for just a duster it feels prohibitive. We can however get a rattler hide duster that has 2 points of armor but doesn't give the extra 2 points against firearms and that has no strength requirements and no weight.

Comment

Just noticed that Mad Scientists went from 1 Power, 20 PP to 2 Powers, 15 PP. Kind of an odd change.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
                    ValhallaGH commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Weird Science starts with 2 powers and 15 PP. Sounds like a reversion to core.

Originally posted by pkitty View Post
                  Also disappointed that they didn't fix Veteran O' The Weird West, only because it was such a simple thing. I realize people aren't likely to draw both Jokers in a row, but it's just weird to explicitly mention this as a possibility, and then not actually have a rule for it.

EDIT: I just saw where this was mentioned in the change log, but hasn't actually been fixed in the new PDF. Hopefully this "version 1.0" is still going to get revised then . . .
                  What rule would you like to see added? I'm honestly confused as to what's missing.

Comment

Originally posted by PEGCutter View Post

What rule would you like to see added? I'm honestly confused as to what's missing.
                    Scratch that -- I get it. Was blind but now I see.

Comment

Working...
                    X