The Sound of Burning Ghost Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sound of Burning Ghost Rock

What does it sound like? Screaming, we are told, maybe the souls of the damned escaping.

But obviously in the real world we can't recreate the sound of souls escaping (or can we.....?) but if you have ever steamed milk, to make a cappuccino for example, I think you may have heard something similar.
    Like what you have read in someone's post? Hit that like button and let everyone know.

I run Deadlands Reloaded. One of my players writes an incharacter blog here --> http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blog...deadlands.html

The scream of the Nazgûl from the LotR film.

Comment

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
      The scream of the Nazgûl from the LotR film.
      Yeah, that sounds like the general idea. Crank up the volume and don't stop while the ghost rock is hot.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

It sounds like thiiiiiiiis on repeat!

Comment

• Deskepticon
          Deskepticon commented
          Editing a comment
          My favorite part was "It's the end doo doo doo doo doo doo."

• lunchmoney
          lunchmoney commented
          Editing a comment
          That's evil. That's worse than a RickRoll

• ValhallaGH
          ValhallaGH commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not the sound of the music. It's the sound you make inside your head and heart.

Look up Aztec Death Whistles. I imagine it's somewhere between that and a steaming kettle. I like to go with a subtle "screaming overtone" to the normal sound people are used to, so it's just on the periphery of their hearing. Like "maybe it sounds like screaming? Or... no, I think it's just the wind. Or... is it?" Helps keep the creep factor simmering, and in Fear Levels of 5, really play up how much like screaming it now sounds.

Comment

It could also be this.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
          ValhallaGH commented
          Editing a comment
          Creepy, but not deafening enough.
      Working...
      X