Chi Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chi Master v4 is out.

The power list got bulked up, including lower Trait, curse, and sloth.
    Intangibility got cut.
    Internal Focus got a minor clarification / rewrite of the Touch Attack portion. It is now implied that the Chi Master can resolve the touch before activating the power.
    Unwilling targets must be contacted via a Touch attack—then the power may be cast on them as a Multi-Action.
    Personally, I'm going to use that interpretation unless it gets cancelled by some errata or another rewrite.

Overall, an improvement.
    • With curse, lower Trait, and sloth all on the power list, the Chi Master has some stout magical offense without sacrificing the need to be a skilled close combatant. Not the power list I would have chosen but I can live with it.
    • I still think conceal arcana and fly should be on the power list. But it's clear that PEG disagrees and we're not getting it. Despite the presence of burrow (mole style kung fu?).
    I think the use of Touch Attacks is to reinforce the idea that Chi Masters mostly settle their battled by beating each other, not by inflicting curses on each other. Still, you can do a Quivering Palm, Five Point Palm Exploding Heart, Dim Mak, or other "now you're going to suffer and die" curse on folks.
    One oddity of curse is that it has Duration: Permanent. So, all curses you're currently maintaining automatically end if you have a Critical Failure on any arcane skill roll.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
    X