Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Original Mad Scientist Ideas (Classic Or Savage Shouldn't Matter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Original Mad Scientist Ideas (Classic Or Savage Shouldn't Matter)

My character makes his theories with either real science or technicalities depending on what's easier. For example, rope is made of fibers, dirt has fibers, therefore I can make rope out of dirt.
    Here's a few of mine:
    Cheatin' Specs: Allows you to see the other side of cards through an x-ray vision-esque process. Powered by steam, fire, or electricity if you decide you can reliably charge it (I just use a match as both kindling and fuel as glasses are small and can only fit a match). Decide for yourself its power-span. Works by powering one arm of the glasses and having the other side have a power difference and pulls the electrons through the lenses at to the other arm allowing you to see the ink on the other side of cards with a glow (similar to how a battery and light bulb combo works). The glow only shines one way so opponents can only see normal glasses. Build by combining glasses, mechanical parts, and however you choose to power it. Great as a starting device that you use with your Smarts to cheat at any card game for quick cash. Just be sure to lose 1/3 of the time or else the others will get suspicious/not want to play with you (scientific fact of how often winning makes people want to keep playing if you wanna tell your Marshal: https://projectauthenticity.org/2017...-if-they-dont/).

Thinkin' Cap (bonus points if you know where I got this): Gives an extra die or adds 2 to a die type to either Knowledge or Smarts tests. Works by giving you the metaphorical light bulb above the head. I just stuck a light bulb on a scholar's hat and called it a day, so I can get "bright ideas".

Chlor'form: Used to knock enemies (or innocents) out to then perform experiments on them to let your Marshal grant you Medicine or Biology points (great for saving points early game), or if you need body parts, or if you just wanna role-play an actual mad scientist. Works like real life chloroform. Found naturally in seaweed, some fungi that secretes it into the dirt (feel free to embellish which for role-play), and can be (technically) made by combining dirt, water, and any form of acetate (found in impure metals, blood, and urine).

Chainsaw Bullets: Straight from Code Lent. Used to negate armor, or take away significant armor penalty by piercing through armor. Works by using ghost rock to roll the chain that's built into the center of a bullet. Combine any bullet, mechanical parts, and ghost rock.

Improvised Body Armor: Remember Back to the Future 3 where Marty goes to the Wild West (see where I'm going with this?) and straps a piece of metal to his chest under his shirt to deflect a bullet? Do this. Take some rope and strap a pie tin to your chest for an easy +1 armor (actually happened to me my first day playing). You can do it with any metal. Frying pans, metal dish plates, mechanical parts and some metal-smithing, a pie tin, anything.

These are just some of mine. What are yours?

Played a Mad Scientist in DL:R...

He repurposed a pnuematic bolt stunner into a rapid delivery healing device. Whenever someone got hurt, he'd run up to them saying, "Shhh, shhh, shhh... I'll make it alllllll better." Made for some funny scenes of me chasing NPCs around screaming, "BUT I'M TRYING TO HELP!"

Comment

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
      Played a Mad Scientist in DL:R...

He repurposed a pnuematic bolt stunner into a rapid delivery healing device. Whenever someone got hurt, he'd run up to them saying, "Shhh, shhh, shhh... I'll make it alllllll better." Made for some funny scenes of me chasing NPCs around screaming, "BUT I'M TRYING TO HELP!"
      Tempting, but I'm trying to get away with my evil plans, not comically fail at trying to be smart. Might be good for my Dr. Doofenshmirtz character accomplishing menial feats with over-complicated plans. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Deskepticon
        Deskepticon commented
        Editing a comment
        It was funny the first few times. After that it was just the weird device that instantly heals people by stabbing them with a large needle and forcibly injecting them with some kind of probiotic fluid.

• Deskepticon
        Deskepticon commented
        Editing a comment
        After having his leg shattered by an undead elephant (permanent Injury), he was prompted to work on a healing device. He ending up hobbling around while carrying this small tank, a bit like Chigurh from No Country For Old Men. In all honesty, that was accidental and coincidental, but something I later used as inspiration.
    Working...
    X