Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadlands Reloaded Adventure Edition Conversion Doc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlands Reloaded Adventure Edition Conversion Doc?

I see they have a bunch of conversion docs out there..Solomon Kane, ETU, Rippers.... Any chance we are getting a Deadlands Conversion doc? Fingers crossed as we are playing Deadlands in SWADE now

Maybe. Probably not, since they're doing and entire new edition for Adventure. New setting book, new plot point campaigns, etc.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Still I would love a conversion doc for the older books, adventures and campaigns. If there are not going to release the servitor campaigns have conversions docs for those would be great! I am assuming they would re-release things like Rippers and ETU with SWADE versions also at some point. So I am still holding out hope. Even with a conversion doc I would buy the new stuff....it seems I cannot get enough Deadlands goodness

Comment

I have one that I that made for my current Deadlands game. Would I be allowed to post it, or is that a license violation?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelDawn View Post
          I have one that I that made for my current Deadlands game. Would I be allowed to post it, or is that a license violation?
          Can you share with me? Maybe PM or something?

Comment

Alright, I have done my best to clean this up so it reads like any of the other conversion docs, but does not duplicate any material in official materials (aside from ones that are already free). Keep in mind that this is purely unofficial and may not remotely resemble the changes the gang decide to make when the true Deadlands update releases.

Deadlands Unofficial SWADE Conversion.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelDawn View Post
              I don't mean to be a whistle-blower or tell you what to do, but according to the current licensing information, all official PEG products (including Deadlands) are prohibited from the Fan License.

With that said, it's probably a good idea to follow the terms and conditions of the license agreement anyway, particularly terms 2 and 3, which require you to use the Fan Logo graphic and include PEG's legal notice with the product.

Now, to the best of my knowledge, the fine folks at Pinnacle haven't strictly enforced the terms of the Fan License. The legalese is likely a formality... something to support them for the really aggregious offenders... but I've never been one to poke the bear. You can, of course, use your own discretion.

Comment

• MichaelDawn
                MichaelDawn commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmm... good point.

Well I'll wait and see. Worst case, they tell me to take it down, I do, and then go about my day.

• Deskepticon
                Deskepticon commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I think you'll be fine.
                I just thought you should be aware of the "official" terms, since you asked. Once again, use your own discretion.

Honestly, you probably don't even need the conversion document above. The current conversion for The Sixth Gun should more than suffice.

Comment

Working...
              X