Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPOILER] The One That Got Away

Hello all,

After hearing the story of the priest that survived the Court Church in Lost Angels (the one that preaches against Grimme but is stil alive), one of my player wants to play him.

My problem is, I can't find a clue about him and his identity !

For all I know, he is only mentionned in Lost Angels, and... nothing more ?

Can you help me ?

First mention I can find is in the Classic book The Great Maze. He's mentioned again in Lost Angels.
    The preacher is unnamed in both books.
    I suspect they're referencing some other adventure or tale, but I can't find it. Or, they may be showing that it's technically possible to survive the trials (detailed in the Marshal section, the Great Maze, around page 118).
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Forgot to mention he was also mentionned in The Great Maze, too, you're right.

Well, I guess I'll let him play this, and if I ever find who he is, I'll adapt my game....

Thanks !

Comment

This is a very interesting thread!

Although I can't reveal who that priest is, I'm impressed someone dug it up after all this time.

We made an effort in writing the PPCs to tie up as many Classic loose ends as we could. Out of curiosity (and if you'll permit me to expand the thread focus a bit), what are all of your favorite Classic "ones that got away"? What plots yet dangle?

Thanks, amigos!

Comment

I started Deadlands as a player in 1997, when it first arrived here in France.

Due to conflicting schedules, my GM stopped playing and gave me his books, that sat on a shelf for almost 15 years without touching (I was hoping he would return to it, and seeing how I enjoyed the games, I didn't want to GM it). In that time, we played every book of INS/MV, then some Shadowrun, until I got bored of those games and decide to try mastering Deadlands.

I moved to Reloaded, read every book I could lay my eyes on, played a lot of games (IRL or Roll20)...

All this to say, I don't have a plot still unfinished that comes to mind, except maybe one with a guy whose body is in a jar and the soul trapped in the Chinese Hell of Forever Falling in a Pit. But, maybe it was one of my GM's own plot, because I don't recall reading something that comes near this plot ?

Comment

Originally posted by PEGCutter View Post
            This is a very interesting thread!

Although I can't reveal who that priest is, I'm impressed someone dug it up after all this time.

We made an effort in writing the PPCs to tie up as many Classic loose ends as we could. Out of curiosity (and if you'll permit me to expand the thread focus a bit), what are all of your favorite Classic "ones that got away"? What plots yet dangle?

Thanks, amigos!
            Honestly, as a longtime Classic fan, I had a whole bunch, but Reloaded answered a few of them, and I'd need to refresh my memory on what's still out there in the Weird West I need more info on.

That said, one thing that I've always longed for was the follow-up adventure for the old Hell on Earth Dime Novel, "Killer Klowns". There was a blurb promising a deeper exploration of Dempsey Islands in the future, but I don't recall anything ever coming of that...

Comment

Originally posted by Tatterdemalion View Post
              That said, one thing that I've always longed for was the follow-up adventure for the old Hell on Earth Dime Novel, "Killer Klowns". There was a blurb promising a deeper exploration of Dempsey Islands in the future, but I don't recall anything ever coming of that...
              I was preparing my game of HoE:R yesterday, and I read a quick survey of what lies inside Dempsey Islands, in the corebook of HoE:R.

It doesn't offer any PP or Savage Tale, but at least you know what's supposed to be there.

If my posse wanders in Texas, I'll have them be "invited" to visit all the Park. I'll make sure to tell here what they faced, if somebody's interested.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
                ValhallaGH commented
                Editing a comment
                Interested.
            Working...
            X