Best Skills and Edges for Gunslingers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Skills and Edges for Gunslingers

What are the best attribute, skills, and edges combinations to build gunslingers? What about different types of gunslingers (Wyatt Earp's slow aiming and intimidation thing vs Doc Holliday quick draw). Thanks!

The only universal is a high Shooting die type.
    There are lots of style of "gunslinger", including Tough Guy, Speedy, Thinker, Duelist, and Hammer Fanner. Only an experienced gunslinger is going to be able to fulfill more than one of those, but could eventually fulfill all of them.

Which rules version are you looking at? How many Advances? Which setting rules and books?
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Hi.

1. Using Deadlands Reloaded. I'll let players pick any of the edges from SWDE, Deadlands Reloaded, or any of the campaign books (I have all 4);
      2. The players don't have any advances yet. I just wanted to be able to give them sets of suggested Edges to pick up over time. So ideally you'd provide something like a "Sniper" template, and then show me what they'd look like at the Heroic level, and then they could build their character as they go.

Comment

Okay.
        Note that a Hexslinger (AB from Stone and a Hard Place) can make any of these notably more effective at the cost of having to also invest in magic.
        I'm not going to mention Trademark Weapon because anyone that shoots will be wanting that. Ditto for Right Hand of the Devil at Legendary.
        Ambidextrous & Two-Fisted is an option for most - not Hammer Fanner - but doesn't impact the core approach to a gunfight. If they go this route, point them at the Two Gun Kid edge.
        Marksman is an option for most - not Hammer Fanner - and with Two Gun Kid can be really useful for Two Fisted gunslingers. It's also the key Edge for any sniper types.

Duelist: this gunslinger is all about winning one-on-one duels in the middle of the street per the Duels setting rule, usually without being accused of murder. Skills: Shooting d12, Intimidation or Taunt d8+; Edges: Duelist, Quick Draw, Strong Willed, True Grit.
        Hammer Fanner: the goal is to fire as many shots per round as possible, can't start until Seasoned. Skills: Shooting d12; Edges: Hip Shootin', Improved Hip Shootin', Speed Load, optional Quick Draw; Gear: single-action pistol.
        Speedy: All about going first and fast, using just Agility. Attributes: Agility d8+; Skills: Shooting d12; Edges: Quick, Quick Draw, and Fast as Lighting at Legendary.
        Thinker: trying to prove that brains are better than brawn. Attributes: Smarts d8+; Skills: Shooting d12; Edges: Improved Level Headed.
        Tough Guy: trying to prove that brawn can win gunfights by surviving other people shooting at him. Attributes: Strength d6+, Vigor d10+; Skills: Shooting d12; Edges: Brawny, Combat Reflexes, Elan, Improved Nerves of Steel.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
        X