Ghost Steel Weapons *some spoilers for Good Intentions*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Steel Weapons *some spoilers for Good Intentions*

Hey gang! In Good Intentions and Paradise Lost (and possibly other publications) there are several monsters, typically "devils", with a Weakness to Ghost Steel weapons. It doesn't seem like these are abominations; they seem to be manitous pulled directly from the hunting grounds and possibly bound to someone's service.

Is there a precedent in Classic, or an explanation anywhere, what differentiates these more recent Devils with weaknesses to Ghost Steel from other manitous pulled into the real world (like the Demon) or even manitous in the Hunting Grounds (like the stats in Last Sons/Manitou Bluff/etc) who don't have the same weakness despite seemingly being variations of the theme?

I guess the Ghost Steel Weakness just seems thematic, and it's odd to me that it's limited to new creatures.

I'm not sure why it only recently showed up.
    It's probably tied to a wider realization that Ghost Steel is partially supernatural. It's an alloy of iron, carbon, and a magic rock that's basically crystallized souls. It makes sense that it would be effective against creatures that are vulnerable to supernatural attacks, such as Baphomet and his minions.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see it used a lot more in the upcoming latest printing of Deadlands: Reloaded - rumored to be coming out some time in 2019, after a successful Kickstarter campaign to finance the printing.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
    X