Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadlands Player’s Guide print availability?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlands Player’s Guide print availability?

My group has been wanting to play some Deadlands Reloaded, but the page has been stating for a while that the physical copy is out of print. It says to 'stay tuned.' Is there any idea of if/when these will be available again?

Disclaimers: Yes, I've searched these forums, but didn't find anything answering this. I apologize if I missed something. Yes, we want at least one physical copy of the book, not just PDFs. No, I don't want to spend ~$100 to get an existing copy from other sellers.

My understanding is that Deadlands: Reloaded is getting a new edition in the next year or so. That, combined with low, or empty, warehouse stocks is why the print version is currently unavailable from PEG.

I could be mistaken some of about that, but PEG is definitely releasing a new edition of the core rules later this year (after GenCon, possibly) and the next printing of DL:R will be fully compatible with those. It's probably that the next print run is waiting on those releases. Which sucks for you and yours but is probably good for the brand.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Gothca. Thanks. I guess we'll have to make do with the PDFs.

Comment

https://www.pegforum.com/articles/56...-from-pinnacle

So what do we have planned for 2018? Well, the Savage Worlds machine is currently chugging away behind the scenes (that means all of us banging on our keyboards) in hopes of bringing you the next version of Savage Worlds (codenamed “Savage Worlds Black”), followed by updated versions of both the Fantasy and Horror Companions, as well as updates and re-releases of the*Deadlands Player’s Guide and Marshal’s Handbook. Note that no dates are set in stone yet, so watch this space for all the deets!
        Like what you have read in someone's post? Hit that like button and let everyone know.

I run Deadlands Reloaded. One of my players writes an incharacter blog here --> http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blog...deadlands.html

Comment

Well, we're nearing Fall of 2018 and I still have yet to hear about any updates regarding the next edition of the Deadlands Players and Marshalls Guide(s). I really hope they plan on releasing it soon. Has anyone heard any new information regarding this?

Comment

With the announcement of the Kickstarter of Savage Worlds Black (about four weeks out) I would expect the other updates quoted by lunchmoney to be, at least, announced in the next few weeks. They may even be released, without a Kickstarter, shortly after the Black KS wraps up.

Sort of a late fall release but I would be surprised it there was nothing released before Thanksgiving.
            I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Erolat View Post
              With the announcement of the Kickstarter of Savage Worlds Black (about four weeks out) I would expect the other updates quoted by lunchmoney to be, at least, announced in the next few weeks. They may even be released, without a Kickstarter, shortly after the Black KS wraps up.

Sort of a late fall release but I would be surprised it there was nothing released before Thanksgiving.
              If not the new versions that quickly, the conversion notes at least.

As for dead tree editions, I just got my dead trees for Flash Gordon yesterday (and the Kickstarter was successfully funded Dec 4th 2017), so the printing takes a while.

Comment

Working...
              X