Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Demon You Know Question (with spoiler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Demon You Know Question (with spoiler)

Ok, I‘m officially confused. The entry for WAR clearly states – and this has been an established fact on all Reckoners since day one – that WAR (and every Reckoner) can only be destroyed by his weakness. Still the plot point campaign seems to hint that Vanessa Hellstromme destroys WAR by devouring WAR‘s essence. What gives?

Not familiar with the source material, but does devouring WAR's essence mean WAR is destroyed or that she becomes WAR? She is a Hellstromme; "Now I have become Death, destroyer of worlds" and all that.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
      Still the plot point campaign seems to hint that Vanessa Hellstromme destroys WAR by devouring WAR‘s essence. What gives?
      Answering these concerns requires discussing Major SPOILERS, so if you don't want big spoilers then leave now.
      First, note that "Vanessa" is a demon (Bazelus, who we know is a big deal because it has a name) pretending to be a person. Which means that she has access to wacky demonic powers.
      Second, as a big deal demon, Bazelus has strange powers including a super-sized version of the ability to 'count Coup' that every manitou in a Harrowed has. An ability that is canonically defined as consuming some or all of the defeated being's spirit, absorbing some of its power directly into the consumer. A process that is canonically very bad for the defeated being.
      Third, Bazelus can only attempt this if the target Reckoner is contained in the spirit traps. Which is a remarkably difficult thing to do.
      Fourth, the epilogue makes it clear that War was not so much destroyed as given a new face. Violence continues to build, conflicts are still nurtured, it is all just a bit more subtle. I will not be surprised when the next LC update hints that Bazelus is slowly turning into an evil deity.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
      X