Hidden/GM Info in the Player's section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden/GM Info in the Player's section

Just a head's up to fellow GMs that it looks like they accidentally left some information in the players section of the new book that should be hidden from them.

I crash of Unity on Two is mentioned in the timeline on page 13. But it is not referenced in the full text anywhere except in the GM's section of the book. I don't think players are supposed to know about that crash going into the game.

Since I've already let my players read that section of the book I guess I just have to hope they didn't pick up on it.

Eh, some players had characters on that crashing ship. I know I did.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post
      Eh, some players had characters on that crashing ship. I know I did.
      Hmm, I wonder if they changed things between the original Lost Colony and the new one. I'm not familiar at all with the original. Maybe the crash was general knowledge originally but now the last mention of the Unity in the players section (other than that one entry on the timeline) is when it returned to take the Psychic Legion back to Earth (14 years before the crash).

I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that the game you refer to featuring PCs on the crashing Unity was using the original Lost Colony setting.

Comment

It was the transition adventure Unity which was a "climax" adventure for Hell On Earth and ended by crashing the Unity in Faraway. It was released just before Lost Colony was first released.

The adventure doesn't have much content after the crash. It was vague about where the crash landed, unlike the new setting book. Putting the landing on Two was actually quite clever. It explains how the characters, information, and portal to the Hunting Grounds that the Unity brought didn't have a major impact on Banshee. It does complicate the lives of Marshals that want to have a particular play through of Unity be canonical in their games, but that's a pretty small problem.

While a lot of Lost Colony characters won't know about the Unity crashing, a lot of Lost Colony players will. That was probably the logic behind adding that line to the player section timeline but not explaining it until the Marshal section.
        Last edited by ValhallaGH; 07-10-2020, 05:31 PM.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post
          While a lot of Lost Colony characters won't know about the Unity crashing, a lot of Lost Colony players will. That was probably the logic behind adding that line to the player section timeline but not explaining it until the Marshal section.
          I think you're right, but lots of players have not played Unity, so this may be a bad choice...

Comment

• ValhallaGH
            ValhallaGH commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe. We'll have to see.

Never played in classic LC and I'm only going to be GMing now. Totally fine with players and characters knowing a ship crashed, but not knowing much about it until info comes up in game.
          Like what you have read in someone's post? Hit that like button and let everyone know.

I run Deadlands Reloaded. One of my players writes an incharacter blog here --> http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blog...deadlands.html

Comment

Working...
          X