No announcement yet.

LC Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, friends. Given that we don't want to change the map artwork at this stage, we're simply going to change the map scale to 350. The author, John Goff, is going through the text to check for any inconsistencies that might cause, but I think overall this makes much more sense. Thanks again for the input!

Comment

Really small note:

p. 121 has a sidebar that calls Pestilence "she", but Pestilence was a "he" all through Good Intentions.

Comment

Kooratcha are described twice with varying sizes.
        p 24 - lists them as size of small dog
        p186 - bestiary lists as Size 3

Comment

p.75 : For the Martyr Edge, it says "As an action, a Guardian can touch another and transfer one or more of their Wounds to himself." Does this means the power works only between Guardians, or is this an oversight and it should read "another person" ?
          p.159 : The title for the ST "Not quite everything goes" is not centered in the background box.
          p.163 : A bit nitpicking : Savage Tale "Clever girls" has no hook under its title. Not really a concern though, as the first sentence is the hook.

Comment

When can we expect the final version of LC book, is there a planned release date?

Comment

I worded myself poorly so I'll rephrase: there is a new version of the book after last round of feedback (one change we know about is new scale on the map). When shall the updated PDF be released?

Comment

I guess it's too late for comments but I've just realised that both Vehicle and Spaceship modification lack possibility to improve Handling.

Comment

Maybe with all that is happening, we will have another round of feedback and comments ?

Comment

I realize it's probably too late for this to be addressed... But is there a reason that most of the guardians powers require a Benny?

Comparing the Guardian to a Harrow, the Guardian is going to be a benny sink, and while I'm not sure that's a problem... One of my players is asking about that and I don't have a good reason.... Did I miss something in the book that would help mitigate this?

Comment

Originally posted by bschollnick View Post
                      I realize it's probably too late for this to be addressed... But is there a reason that most of the guardians powers require a Benny?

Comparing the Guardian to a Harrow, the Guardian is going to be a benny sink, and while I'm not sure that's a problem... One of my players is asking about that and I don't have a good reason.... Did I miss something in the book that would help mitigate this?
                      My guess is the lack of Dominion concerns.
                      Harrowed are in constant danger of being taken over by their inner demon, and that demon can use all the powers, knowledge, and skills the body has access to (with a couple of exceptions). The mechanic of this danger is opposed rolls, which can be a really benny-sink for players that don't want to lose control and kick their allies into a "bottomless" pit.

Guardians are always in control of themselves, have virtually none of the pesky side effects of death, and get a few passive powers that make them better than living heroes. If their powers didn't have costs or downsides then they'd be too powerful compared to Harrowed.

That's the reasoning I see.
                      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post

My guess is the lack of Dominion concerns.
                        Harrowed are in constant danger of being taken over by their inner demon, and that demon can use all the powers, knowledge, and skills the body has access to (with a couple of exceptions). The mechanic of this danger is opposed rolls, which can be a really benny-sink for players that don't want to lose control and kick their allies into a "bottomless" pit.

Guardians are always in control of themselves, have virtually none of the pesky side effects of death, and get a few passive powers that make them better than living heroes. If their powers didn't have costs or downsides then they'd be too powerful compared to Harrowed.

That's the reasoning I see.
                        As currently written Harrowed don't work like that anymore. You only risk losing dominion when you "Let the devil out" to get the 5 round bonus. Now instead of any opposed rolls you draw a card and some of them require a spirit check or looks a point of dominion.

About half the guardians powers require spending a Benny one of them is very similar to letting the devil out but there are also several harrowed powers that require you to spend a Benny. It seems beside the five round self buff any power that affect a group requires spending a Benny for regardless if you are a guardian or a harrowed.

Last edited by Wanderingmystic; 05-10-2020, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X