Deadlands Noir needs more RPG books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlands Noir needs more RPG books

Hi folks I love Deadlands Noir but I'm unhappy that there only Two RPG books for it, Three Dime Novels and a adventure or two, So I would like to see more for this setting such as RPG books.

Yes some people would pointed out that original Deadlands LC had the same amount of RPG books released and it was were well liked, but I look at the official forum it seems so dead what must I do to breathe life write some new official Dime Novels and more RPG books?.

LW

No, you want more books for Noir. Which is a valid opinion to hold.
    For what PEG wanted to do with it, Noir may have all the books it needs. It's got a setting book, focused on adventures in Depression-era New Orleans; it's got a companion book, split into early 20th century takes on various other American cities, for adventures in those times and places; then it's got a few other supplements (adventures, maps, etc.).

What it needs is an update* to align with the meta-plot post Morgana-effect. Which we probably won't get until Deadlands: Dark Ages actually comes out - understandable but not what I want to happen.

I suspect that PEG sees Noir much the same way they see Weird War II: it's neat and has room for new adventures, but it is essentially finished and does not need new books.

*An update that will probably consist of name changes to blot out the CSA.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Great it's dead like Weird War II, also fill me in about this meta-plot Morgana-effect, I'm notPedaritic jerk I hope, I would like to create some official dime novels for the setting.

LW

Comment

Evil magic stuff happened, and the CSA surrendered to the USA after the Battle of Washington in 1871. The Confederacy has been dead since then.
        There's a lot more to it, but that's the part that matters.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Ok I read online about Morgana effect for Deadlands setting her son was the Cackler, so she was looking for the blood child of Merlin or King Arthur, now have anyone here seen the TV show Life on Mars the original UK or US versions?.

So originally my character is a Hexslinger Agency member, yes I read in the source book they don't have many agents with arcane background due to the simple fact there too rules and regulations and yes I know that the Western branch is more wild and wooly then back east.

So my hopeful official character is a Agency Hexslinger who cover was a PI and he started in Chicago in 1927 to ended up in the City of Gloom 1950's, so the Good Powers that be and since he is a Vet and drawn a Red Joker

So goes to sleep in 1950 Denver and wakes up in 1884 West, so how's that for character?.

LW

Comment

It's an interesting idea for a character, as long as your GM allows it. Heck, if you really wanted to get wild, you could have your character be from the "original" Noir timeline and wake up in the post-Morgana effect timeline, which would really throw them through a loop.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
              ValhallaGH commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not sure how that would be possible in the cosmology. Unless the character was temporarily outside reality (such as in the Hunting Grounds) when the change rippled through, there's no real way to avoid being changed by it.

• ellipses
              ellipses commented
              Editing a comment
              I assume any time travel in Deadlands is going to involve a trip through the Hunting Grounds. Also, allowing a player to play a time traveler from the future is already going to require a lot of GM hand waving, so, personally, if it made for a more interesting character, I’d probably allow it. Plus, being from the “wrong” timeline helps weaken any player arguments about what the character may or may not “know” about the past they’re currently stuck in.

ETA: there’s already precedent in game for time travelers to know that the timelines have changed, going all the way back to (sigh) Jackie Wells.
              Last edited by ellipses; 08-16-2022, 11:58 AM.

So I do officially a Life on Mars type of thing to a Deadlands hopeful MC Character, wanted to use him to point out the changes in Post Morgana Deadlands West, he remembers what it's like before the change, this why he speaks in Pulp Era slang and plays Jazz on the piano.

LW

Comment

Working...
            X