Back-converting Noir Grifter to Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back-converting Noir Grifter to Classic

So, I was wanting to run Deadlands Noir using the classic ruleset. In so doing, I need to convert the arcane backgrounds back to the setting. Most of these are rather easy; They all existed in classic (either Weird West or Hell on Earth) and I just need to take them from the books available.

All except one. Grifters were made with rules solely within the Savage World rules. What advice do you have for converting it?

Start with the flavor. Mimic the mechanics of existing ABs, and always make changes that bring out the flavor of Grifters.
    I would probably start with Huckster for mechanics but I'm neck deep in some other conversions, so that may be a bad suggestion.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

No, you're right. Jack Emmert started the Grift when he decided he wanted power but didn't want to maim himself to appease the spirits, and didn't want to deal with the manitous, either through contracts or a test of wills. And while he didn't want to use Hoyle's Book of Games, he learned from it.

This has helped a little. I'm thinking of look at some of the appeasement powers like Shamanism and Voodoo for how they work. If anyone else has some advice, I would gladly accept it, please and thank you.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
        ValhallaGH commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, that background is why I was thinking Huckster.
        But for how Grifting actually works, Shamanism is probably the better choice. Great idea!
    Working...
    X