Vehicle Mounted Harpoon Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Mounted Harpoon Guns

We all saw Mad Max: Fury Road, right? You remember the harpoons on chains that the war boys were shooting to pull the armor off the truck? How would something like that work in Hell on Earth? Or how about sharpened metal on the hubcaps to grind into enemy vehicles?

Harpoon Gun, Vehicle mounted: Range 20/40/80, Damage 2d10, RoF 1, Shots 1, Reload 2, Special. $250
    Special - Any target Shaken by the harpoon can be reeled in at a rate of 6" (minus victim Size) per round. Victim can make a Strength -2 roll to remove the hook. If used on a vehicle, and the damage forced a driving roll, then the harpoon crew can use an action to reduce the cover provided by the vehicle by one step (Near Total -> Heavy -> Medium -> Light -> None).

Grinders: Common, $50, Repair -1; Increase damage from the Force maneuver by +1 per die, or from a side swipe by +1d6.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

This is just off the cuff so it may not be well balanced for the harpoons I would count them as a special weapon with the following stats:

Range: 5/10/20
      RoF: 1
      Damage: Special
      Shots: 1
      Notes: 2 actions to reload
      If the shooter scores a hit the driver of the shooting vehicle and the driver of the target vehicle makes opposed Driving checks. (Shooting vehicle gets a +1 for each raise on the weapon hit.) For each success and raise the shooting vehicle gets the target vehicle looses one point of armor on the affected side, or location if attack was a called shot. If the Target wins the check the shooting vehicle automatically goes Out of Control per the rules on p 115. (All random movement is away from the target vehicle as the harpoon comes loose while the shooting driver was attempting to pull against the target.)

For the hubcaps, or other such devices, grant the driver a +1 on any Force attempt per the rules on p 95.
      I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Comment

Working...
      X