We finished The Worms' Turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We finished The Worms' Turn

Yesterday we played our 24th session and final chapter of The Worms' Turn for HoE:R. It's been a great, great experience. We played the whole plot point campaign, most of the savage tales, and a bunch of missions made with the generator from the Companion (reflecting the main interest of the posse: improving the Junkyard refugees live conditions). Next week I'll GM an epilogue with an open ending, just in case PEG finally blesses us with the Lost Colony Reloaded setting
    Anyway, I leave here a pic of players' cartographic board for the campaign. Very minor spoilers might be deduced if someone carefully analyses each map

I am just starting Worms' Turn and would love to get hold of those maps. I have one low-res map of the entire Wasted West but being able to show some detail would be great. If you have a link or something I would be in your debt.
    I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Erolat View Post
      I am just starting Worms' Turn and would love to get hold of those maps. I have one low-res map of the entire Wasted West but being able to show some detail would be great. If you have a link or something I would be in your debt.
      Most of the maps we used are from this Classic HoE fan site: http://hoe.1d6.com/
      I just paint-edited them a little, adding the state name, etc.

Other sources for maps are:

- Google Earth captures with some photoshop and/or paint editing.
      - Classic HoE supplements.
      - The Last Sons (DL:R) for the Sioux nations map.
      - Deadlands Noir Companion for the west coast map.
      - The Folio 7 for Jacob's Peace map.

Finally, there is an A4 map of the wasted west as one of the official GM-screen inserts for HoE.

Hope it helps!
      Last edited by Khulmani; 08-14-2017, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Incredible! We are on track to finish it at session 24/25, with a single epilogue afterward, only two sessions to go.

I essentially seem to have run missions against the servitors in place of the generated ones in aid of Junkyard that you had. I'd love to compare notes, but not sure how spoiler free this thread should be. Had you played Noir or Deadlands, or did you start with HoE?

Comment

Originally posted by Séadna View Post
          Incredible! We are on track to finish it at session 24/25, with a single epilogue afterward, only two sessions to go.

I essentially seem to have run missions against the servitors in place of the generated ones in aid of Junkyard that you had. I'd love to compare notes, but not sure how spoiler free this thread should be. Had you played Noir or Deadlands, or did you start with HoE?
          Quite a sinchronicity!
          I GMastered The Flood (DL:R) before this campaign, but for a different group of players. With HoE:R group, we just played a few sessions of DL:R one-shots (basically, Murder on the Hellstromme Express & Coffin Rock) before going into HoE:R. I selected The Worms' Turn when they asked for a campaign "larger than life" and a bit "over the top"). I wasn't 100% sure HoE:R was the right choice but after the first session that changed: They really got into the gaming style & mood for the setting.

For me, the most memorable gaming session was the one in which they were travelling from Junkyard to Movietown. The PCs had a mission from Taylor (to adquire some films at Movietown), and they were to meet The Director... but the players went quite nuts (in a fan-boy style) about this. So they decided they had to impress The Director by filming their own action movie while travelling the Wasted West. They were using their camera-included palmcorders, in case you are wondering about it.
          So this idea from the players produced some amazing and crazzy scenes: While in a combat encounter, sometimes one of the PCs will stop fighting in order to film the others confronting the raiders or critters. Another time, they were just faking auto-fire from their firearms (doing the noises BLAM, BLAM, BLAM! by themselves...) in order not to spend too much ammo while filming. And, when they killed some big monster, they embraced it and motioned the corpse for making fake melee fighting scenes. Ed wood style. It was really fun.

About Deadlands Noir, I usually GM a pair of one-shots each year, typically on special days like Halloween, kind of "holyday game".

Last edited by Khulmani; 08-14-2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X