No announcement yet.

Build for a harrowed templar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I should see with the GM if he plans to make it more human-centered or monster-centered to see if champion and the like are worth it. Same for the skills, plus the skills of the other people in the party.
    Do you have any idea for my shield question though ? I'm not sure I really get it.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I suspect that the riot shield does two separate things.
      For the guy holding the shield, it gives +2 Parry and +2 armor against ranged attacks.
      For the guy standing behind the shield bearer, it grants medium cover (-2) against attacks from the shield side.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• Yorkblack
        Yorkblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh okay, that makes sense, thanks !

Originally posted by Yorkblack View Post
      Okay, thanks for the clarification. I should see with the GM if he plans to make it more human-centered or monster-centered to see if champion and the like are worth it. Same for the skills, plus the skills of the other people in the party.
      Do you have any idea for my shield question though ? I'm not sure I really get it.
      Speaking of Champion, you occupy a weird space.

As a Harrowed, you are inhabited by a demon and therefore automatically count as supernaturally evil (unless that's been errata'd somewhere).
      So you could be a Champion, but you would technically be an "unholy" champion. Conversely, the bit for Templar's doesn't specify whether you can be a dark templar. I should point out, though, that dark templars also exist.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
        ValhallaGH commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd rule that the manitou can't benefit from Champion.
        If it did then it would be an Evil champion, applying against supernaturally good foes.

Either way, a templar counts as supernaturally good, until they fall and take up the path of the anti-templar.

• Jounichi
        Jounichi commented
        Editing a comment
        Does he, though? If someone uses Holy Champion against him, doesn't the manitou respond?

• ValhallaGH
        ValhallaGH commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope. Official answer. If the human soul is in charge then a harrowed is not supernaturally evil unless it meets that definition a different way (AB (black magic), servitor, etc.).

Well thanks everyone for the answers, and the advice for the build!

Comment

Working...
      X