Range healing trappings/complications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range healing trappings/complications

I have a Junker player that wants to trap his Healing Power to be ranged (shot from a gun). Given his background, and the way he has described the power, I want to allow this. However, granting range to a touch power can make it really powerful. I am looking for drawbacks to off-set this advantage.

I was thinking of combining a Shooting check, to hit the target, with the casting check to heal the wounds. This would force a MAP making both at -2.

Anyone got any other ideas on what problems he could have?
    I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

I would make it a shooting roll (i wouldn't give a MAP penalty, but tha depends on your preference), and I would enforce the Innocent Bystander rule. Roll a 1 on the shooting die? You just healed the villain...

Comment

It's a ray gun, therefore it uses Shooting as the arcane skill.
      In addition to range, cover, lighting, and Innocent Bystander, a successful hit still has to worry about patient wounds to determine if it actually heals anything.

Despite all that, it should still cost more PP to use.
      The specifics will vary some with the range provided, but I'd suggest increasing the cost per use by +2, for a total of 5 PP, with Range 12". Numbers inspired by the Ranged Touch modifier in the Super Powers Companion.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
      X