Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaman guardian

Cheyenne Dog Soldiers (example) should be able to have dog spirit guardians
    certain horse themed (gm approval) [example] Shaman - should be able to have horse spirit guardians
    The reason I am asking it that it is not an insect, pile of just or some pollution. it is specific. and such a creature might (I say might) have human-level intelligence.
    Is it possible to soul-link with one's spirit guardian in a deeper level and if one is horse to be able to no longer use reins, freeing the hands for fighting?

Would you be able to switch a 'Wheels' for 'Horse' edge? You can understand my meaning, right. better quality horse, right. I was wondering if...

Blackfoot nation and Lakota have no communication, rivals. they will not communicate with each other, period. Lakota has been known to try and attack the Blackfoot in the past. The Blackfoot being mountain men as in born and bred in the Rocky Mountains saw the idiots coming and gelded them and sent the message back, after they killed the chieftain who authorized the raid. they removed a thousand horses as payment for said offense. Lakota will not mess with the Blackfoot people, they will not venture into the Rocky Mountains, period. it could be impossible to get them on the same table. they will not sit down.
    Nez Pierce created the appaloosa, Lakota the 'Nakota' horse breed, the Blackfoot has a mustang cross with an Arabian stallion - 'Son of Flame and Ghost'. The two documented horses are Flame and Ghost. Flame is the male, Ghost is the female. The Blackfoot had a beat and someone decided to put some money on the table and triple crown was raced against Flame. Flame won by 13 lengths. Flame and Ghost, and their offspring are barred from entering the Kentucky Derby.

No one has a nature spirit guardian in Hell On Earth. The nature spirits tried to wipe out the machine and pollution spirits, and where themselves wiped out on Judgement Day.

There are no horse, dog, etc. spirits for a warrior to bond with.
    If you insist on having such in your games anyway, check out the Weird West. The new book will probably have rules for that. If you're unwilling to wait that long, see the player's guide to the Last Sons plot point campaign.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

All they have in the book is insects, pollutants, and 'junk' for the toxic spirit guardians. they do mention flies and roaches. but I think there is more kinds out there. one just needs to look. Can we explore the 'Hunting Grounds' for spirit guardians? or can we look for spirits which are hiding within the animals who are literally laying low. they you know aren't stupid. dragonflies and dung beetles can also be a prime example. other critters. Can a toxic shaman have a machine guardian spirit? I do have all the books currently. but the covid I am forced to do a lot of one-off running since I can't get the band together. I am working on some other things.
      quartz has been a stone crystal supposedly used in mystical energy by faith healers and such for a long time. I was having my toxic shaman make fetishes out of it to make dollars. so many healing spells in each one and it was a good barter item since it was portable and easily traded.
      energy bow - no need to worry about arrows since mot of the time he lived in light to heavy rad zones. where he earned double power points on an hourly basis. so he could literally stand and fire a bolt, and not spend a single power point firing a bolt because it was a 'free' power point.

Was that incorrect in doing so?

Comment

Toxic Shamans, by definition, deal with spirits of pollution and environmental change.
        Some of those spirits are poison-laden insect types, notably roaches and flies but others are entirely possible.
        Some of those spirits are poisons themselves: radiation and smog.
        Some are polluted fluids, collectively the sludge types.
        Then there are trash spirits, manifesting small piles of junk that run around and destroy enemies. There's nothing like killing your foes with a broken child's toy and a half-rotten hamburger clam-shell.
        What they aren't are machines. If you want to be a machine shaman then you play a Junker. Machine spirits know what they are and what they want, they want to be in machines that mimic their previous forms - and Junkers are the most common makers of new machines.

Bartering fetishes for cash is rather deceptive. The fetish is real, and works, but has an incredibly short shelf-life. Either it uses the Deluxe rules, and lasts for the current session, or it uses the Adventure rules and ties up the creator's PP until they get used.

The energy bow is a good idea. Nice mixture of trappings and world building to do cool stuff at low cost. Double PP regeneration is no joke.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

But according to the story... the junker, handed a laser pistol to someone else and then a second to someone else and a third to someone else. he could continue to make them. and hand them to other people. once it left his hands it wasn't tied to him. it was powered by him, yes, but that was just it, the ownership wasn't... he could do that because wasn't in possession of them. he had 'sold' them. traded them away. lot of power points since the power points do recharge if ones has rapid recharge. one could recharge and load up a fetish. and then recharge and then load up a second, and recharge. I am not trying to break the system but each fetish is about 300 dollars per spell and and that would be easily enabling someone to be able to have..

And SIR... Doesn't matter if you use either Deluxe or Adventure. The people whom you sell it to. Are not members of the party. They are NPCs. As such... no big deal. As for those traded to the party. treat as junker made item. That was how I was thinking about it. IF it is an NPC. the plot line was...
          <><>
          The idea also has an odd thing. The glyph embedded in a diaper. it transports the fecal matter when another or someone uses a magic touching the glyph using magic, to transport the fecal matter to the hunting grounds. just the fecal matter, and only the fecal matter. since that is the radiation pollution also the urine. A self-cleaning diaper. the diaper would work not only using such things but the woman, caregiver feeding the child would pass on through breastmilk the rad-gone. As such, the self-cleaning diaper would... always appear to be freshly laundered. the child would have no scent. always appear clean, and dry.
          <><>

Can we use a variation of Wheels to get a better horse?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowofWinter View Post
            But according to the story... the junker, handed a laser pistol to someone else and then a second to someone else and a third to someone else. he could continue to make them. and hand them to other people. once it left his hands it wasn't tied to him. it was powered by him, yes, but that was just it, the ownership wasn't... he could do that because wasn't in possession of them. he had 'sold' them. traded them away. lot of power points since the power points do recharge if ones has rapid recharge.
            Junkers are selling off their personal Gizmos, which are permanent items created as part of their core arcane background.
            Those items have their own power supplies and recharge systems.

By contrast, fetishes are temporary creations with a very limited shelf life and no ability to be recharged. They aren't comparable to a Junker's gizmos - they're comparable to the improvised gadgets made from components per the Gadgeteer junker ability. Those items do not work longer than the session they were created during.

And SIR... Doesn't matter if you use either Deluxe or Adventure. The people whom you sell it to. Are not members of the party. They are NPCs. As such... no big deal. As for those traded to the party. treat as junker made item. That was how I was thinking about it. IF it is an NPC.
            If you want to role play a scummy con man then do so. As long as all the players have fun, it's good times.
            But please don't get offended when I call your character a scummy con man.

Can we use a variation of Wheels to get a better horse?
            GM call. If the Marshal allows it then yes.
            It would have to be one heck of an amazing horse, being worth $5,000 when a typical horse is only $300.

Comment

thoroughbred 'triple crown' horses are extremely expensive. I figured they would be 5 to 15 thousand easily using this monetary system.

<><>

As for the fetishes. I know you say they are limited in shelf life and have temporary 'creation' ... but we aren't sticking around to make sure of that now are we. it might be possible some might just be used and then sometime later handed back and the spells recast into it. thus recharging it. the ability to know for a fact it has only one session is beyond the player's knowledge, he isn't staying normally in said town. he is moving yes, scummy con man. How can I know how long they last. they could last a spell. I am saying that it is entirely possible it is able to last longer than 4 hours, so many days in game time. those fetishes have multiple for example healing spells in them. designed to be worn and used when needed. as an extra healing device in addition to the normal healing spells he or she does. to be able to heal longer. to be able to prepare in times of peace for war or times of monsters and their aftermath. The HARDEST part of the battle is not the fighting but the AFTERMATH. Cleaning up, healing the people, the land, and dealing with the idiots the critters which were spawned by the dip shits who think war is wondrous. The opposite of Banish is a type of blessing. the stone would have to be blessed using the shaman ways to hold said power. Arcane and elemental focuses places in the stone. then the spells inserted. the stone is a permanent but it is a solid working an artifact but limited. it can only handle that one spell type.

But hold on, there is a second type of fetish, the one use wonder. The one-use wonder is the pebble that is infused with the spell
              The first is called delayed action boulder.
              The second spell cast on a pebble, delayed action fireball. they are and can be stored for years if needed. the spell doesn't deteriorate. it only activates when the pebble is thrown or cast.
              the other is the delayed action bolt.Can you see someone loading them in catapults one using them as bullets. No fair, he fired a boulder at the man, pinning the outlaw down, securing him to be held over for trial.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
                ValhallaGH commented
                Editing a comment
                You can change the rules you want to change, even ignore them.
                But when you ask "does this work in the published rules" then you don't get to grump when the answer is "no".
            Working...
            X