Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Spoilers] Whatever Happened to the Prospector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spoilers] Whatever Happened to the Prospector?

So this has been bugging me and I don't know if it's in books I don't have, or if I'm missing it in the books I do.

I know Coot Jenkins leads his Harrowed army into the Hunting Grounds at the end of Stone and a Hard Place. His mission fails horribly, because the manitou piloting them are much stronger in the Deadlands, and they have a rough time. He spends a long, long time wandering the Hunting Grounds before popping out in Hell on Earth at some point in the 2090s. He then narrates the opening to the Hell on Earth Classic core book directly to a Harrowed ranger "reserve" he's pulling out of the irradiated dirt.

Is there any info at all on what happens after that point? His plan seems to be heading back in time to try and fix the timeline by killing Young Stone (I think--that's trying to marry Stone and a Hard Place with Hell on Earth Classic), and he wants to find a guide so he doesn't get lost in the Hunting Grounds again. Does he ever crop up anywhere else?

According to the epilogue of the Unity adventure, Coot is now somewhere on Banshee.

Guess he got lost once again in the Hunting Grounds, but the way it is mentionned, it looks like he now knows there's a way to go and back to the Weird West/ Hell on Earth / Lost Colony.

The trick is, knowing and being able are two different things, so maybe Coot is stuck on Banshee, or maybe not. The book is not real clear on that part.

Comment

Knowing Coot, he's recruiting a group of powerful folks to help him get back into the portal, and maybe come along and help him save the world.
      Knowing Deadlands, Coot is doomed to failure because that kind of heroism is for player characters. But maybe he can smuggle in some Reckoner weaknesses, or at least guide the player posse to where they can find a weakness.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post
        Knowing Coot, he's recruiting a group of powerful folks to help him get back into the portal, and maybe come along and help him save the world.
        Knowing Deadlands, Coot is doomed to failure because that kind of heroism is for player characters. But maybe he can smuggle in some Reckoner weaknesses, or at least guide the player posse to where they can find a weakness.
        So he's doomed to failure unless the players agree to be Big Damn HeroesTM and go with him. Got it

Comment

Originally posted by paladin2019 View Post

So he's doomed to failure unless the players agree to be Big Damn HeroesTM and go with him. Got it
          Hah! Coot is doomed to failure, period. But he could play a vital role in the success of the Big Damn Player Character Heroes. We'll have to see what the LC PPC looks like.
          I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
          X