Any interest in Savage Solo Adventures?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Corporate Dog
Novice

Any interest in Savage Solo Adventures?

#1 Postby Corporate Dog » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:47 am

Shane,

I know that if we're really interested in writing something, we're supposed to submit a proposal... but I just wanted to test the waters a little bit before even doing that much.

Would there be ANY interest on your part in seeing a solo adventure/setting written for Savage Tales? It almost seems that from a marketing perspective, solo adventures are dead (thanks to the proliferation of computer RPGs).

And yet, something tells me that Savage Worlds would just be AWESOME for solo play... henchmen are player controlled, and a simple flowchart could handle most NPC tactics during combat. A modified Plot Point system could even make such an adventure infinitely replayable.

Let me know what you think (and everyone else... feel free to chime in if you'd purchase such a beast).

Regards,
Corporate Dog

palehorse
Heroic

#2 Postby palehorse » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:26 am

We do a lot of one-on-one gaming here; my wife is my #1 playtester. :)

So I'd definitely be interested.

sagaston
Seasoned

#3 Postby sagaston » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:38 am

I think he means an adventure for only one player, and no GM.

They had those back in the 80's, and I suppose they're fine if you just really don't have friends who game or hate being around other people or something. Personally, I'd have no intereste what so ever in purchasing such an adventure, but I can't speak for everyone.
Clockworks - a Savage Worlds powered Steampunk webcomic. Updates hopefully twice a week.

jblittlefield
Legendary

#4 Postby jblittlefield » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:45 am

I just got my hands on the Conan GURPS solo adventures - they'll definitely be converetd for use with SW ;)

Grym
Seasoned

#5 Postby Grym » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm

I think they can be fun, and can be a useful way for a GM to get a feel for the system before they have to deal with other players. That being said, I wouldn't pay for one. If it was included in another product, or posted for everyone, I would gladly try it out.

PEGShane
Site Admin

#6 Postby PEGShane » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:40 pm

I have a HUGE interest in publishing solo adventures. My brain doesn't work that way to do them myself, so I'd move such proposals straight to the front of the line.

Shane-o-rama

Corporate Dog
Novice

#7 Postby Corporate Dog » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:52 pm

Egggggg-cellent. :twisted:

Regards,
Corporate Dog

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”