SHANE OR ZEKE (Privateer's Issue)

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
outlawmoon
Novice
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:12 am
Location: Decatur, GA
Contact:

SHANE OR ZEKE (Privateer's Issue)

#1 Postby outlawmoon » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:58 am

Mike Zebrowski wrote:I tried blowing up the maps provided, but the resolution is too low. In fact, the resolution is so low that the maps look rather cheap when I print them out at work, blowing them up just made them worse. I could count the pixels in each line!

If I had access to the source files for all three ships, which I assume have a higher resolution that what is in the PDF, I could rescale them and chop them into 7 by 10 inch chunks in under 2 hours.

As an alternative, the graphic files could be included in the zip file. That way, people like myself can monkey around with them to get a nice, predrawn map for our games.

Shane (or Zeke), could you please let Mike do this? I just got ST #1 and was jazzed about running it in a couple weeks -- then I realized just how big the ships are. The small one is even too long for my Chessex mat.

And they really do pixelate badly when blown up, so doing Kinkos or something still won't help much.

I suppose I could just print out a bunch of sheets of graph paper, tape them together, and scrawl the outlines of the ships on 'em, but that'd be a lot of effort for a rough final result, and it'd be a shame because the ship maps are so nice.

If Mike's willing to do the work, please let him, or have someone else do it. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only Friend Of PEG you'd make really happy.
Best,

Tim
Under An Outlaw Moon:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/outlawmoon/
Savagery of Various Kinds

User avatar
8bitJunkie
Novice
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:36 am

#2 Postby 8bitJunkie » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:19 am

might try this, I havent had a chance do so yet.

They have at Kinkos a machine they call a Zoomer. Its a large bulky looking b/w copier that usually sits in their self serve area. It blows up an 8 1/2x11 pretty decent without too much pixelization (if you can bring a cleaned up 11x17 print from your computer you are going to have even better results)...the hard part though is getting the right %increase in scale during a copy. Kinko's should have a scale wheel around somewhere; it will be like taking blood from one of the workers to get your hands on a wheel, but it should take out the guess work.

Hope this helps if you can't wait for a file fix =)

ReaperWolf
Novice
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 8:27 pm

Re: SHANE OR ZEKE (Privateer's Issue)

#3 Postby ReaperWolf » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:26 pm

[quote="outlawmoon"][quote="Mike Zebrowski"]
I tried blowing up the maps provided, but the resolution is too low. In fact, the resolution is so low that the maps look rather cheap when I print them out at work, blowing them up just made them worse. I could count the pixels in each line!

I don't have the files myself but one option would be for me to render the maps under Campaign Cartographer 2 Pro. Once they're done It's fairly simple to then print them to 25mm scale. The CC2 Pro viewer is available for free download at the ProFantasy site.

Just a thought.

Regards,

>>Joseph C. Wolf
<<something clever here>>

User avatar
outlawmoon
Novice
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:12 am
Location: Decatur, GA
Contact:

Re: SHANE OR ZEKE (Privateer's Issue)

#4 Postby outlawmoon » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:12 am

ReaperWolf wrote:I don't have the files myself but one option would be for me to render the maps under Campaign Cartographer 2 Pro. Once they're done It's fairly simple to then print them to 25mm scale. The CC2 Pro viewer is available for free download at the ProFantasy site.

:D That'd be awesome, and should solve the problem handily.

Does the CC2 Pro viewer divide a map up into different pages for printing?
Best,



Tim

Under An Outlaw Moon:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/outlawmoon/

Savagery of Various Kinds

ReaperWolf
Novice
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 8:27 pm

Re: SHANE OR ZEKE (Privateer's Issue)

#5 Postby ReaperWolf » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:43 pm

outlawmoon wrote:
ReaperWolf wrote:I don't have the files myself but one option would be for me to render the maps under Campaign Cartographer 2 Pro. Once they're done It's fairly simple to then print them to 25mm scale. The CC2 Pro viewer is available for free download at the ProFantasy site.

:D That'd be awesome, and should solve the problem handily.

Does the CC2 Pro viewer divide a map up into different pages for printing?


It will if you tell it to. It's a matter of setting the printing parameters. I'll do some experimenting and see what comes of it.

Regards,

>>J
<<something clever here>>

ReaperWolf
Novice
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 8:27 pm

Re: SHANE OR ZEKE (Privateer's Issue)

#6 Postby ReaperWolf » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:07 pm

outlawmoon wrote:
ReaperWolf wrote:I don't have the files myself but one option would be for me to render the maps under Campaign Cartographer 2 Pro. Once they're done It's fairly simple to then print them to 25mm scale. The CC2 Pro viewer is available for free download at the ProFantasy site.

:D That'd be awesome, and should solve the problem handily.

Does the CC2 Pro viewer divide a map up into different pages for printing?


Me again.

Figured it out. All's you have to do is set the printing protocols correctly Here's how:

>Print
Click on Scale Factor
Set Paper Distance to 1 inch
Set Drawing Distance to 6' (which is 1" in SW)
Click on Tiling
Set horizontal and verticals so the full map will be printed out
Set Overlap % to 15%
Click OK

That'll should do it.

Once I get my hands on the file I'll see about producing CC2 Pro versions of the maps, provided Zeke and Shane aren't opposed.

Regards,

>>J
<<something clever here>>

User avatar
outlawmoon
Novice
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:12 am
Location: Decatur, GA
Contact:

Re: SHANE OR ZEKE (Privateer's Issue)

#7 Postby outlawmoon » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:27 am

ReaperWolf wrote:Me again.
Figured it out. All's you have to do is set the printing protocols correctly Here's how:

>Print...etc

That'll should do it.
Once I get my hands on the file I'll see about producing CC2 Pro versions of the maps, provided Zeke and Shane aren't opposed.
Thanks, 'Wolf. Let me know if and when you get this done. :D
Best,



Tim

Under An Outlaw Moon:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/outlawmoon/

Savagery of Various Kinds

ReaperWolf
Novice
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 8:27 pm

Re: SHANE OR ZEKE (Privateer's Issue)

#8 Postby ReaperWolf » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:24 pm

outlawmoon wrote:
ReaperWolf wrote:Me again.
Figured it out. All's you have to do is set the printing protocols correctly Here's how:

>Print...etc

That'll should do it.
Once I get my hands on the file I'll see about producing CC2 Pro versions of the maps, provided Zeke and Shane aren't opposed.
Thanks, 'Wolf. Let me know if and when you get this done. :D


Love to, just one thing: somebody has to convince Shane and/or Zeke to send me the files in the appropriate format. I prefer a 200-300 dpi b/w .bmp. If I were to get my hands on the full Privateers file I could just scan myself.

Anybody?

Shane?

Zeke?

Bueller?

>>Gwanji Jo Wolf
<<something clever here>>

User avatar
PEGShane
Site Admin
Posts: 1491
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 9:51 am
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Contact:

#9 Postby PEGShane » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:28 pm

Shoot me a private email and I'll send you the 300 dpi files.

Hit me quick though--I"m outtie afternoon tomorrow.

Shane

User avatar
outlawmoon
Novice
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:12 am
Location: Decatur, GA
Contact:

#10 Postby outlawmoon » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:49 pm

PEGShane wrote:Shoot me a private email and I'll send you the 300 dpi files. Hit me quick though--I"m outtie afternoon tomorrow.

Shane

So, did he get 'em to you in time?
Best,



Tim

Under An Outlaw Moon:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/outlawmoon/

Savagery of Various Kinds

ReaperWolf
Novice
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 8:27 pm

CC2 Pro ship maps...

#11 Postby ReaperWolf » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:20 pm

outlawmoon wrote:
PEGShane wrote:Shoot me a private email and I'll send you the 300 dpi files. Hit me quick though--I"m outtie afternoon tomorrow.

Shane

So, did he get 'em to you in time?


Nope, not yet.

I'll see about diverting some energy to this next week. I've got plenty on my plate the demands my full attention.

>>J
<<something clever here>>

User avatar
PEGShane
Site Admin
Posts: 1491
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 9:51 am
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Contact:

#12 Postby PEGShane » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:52 am

Hmm. I sent them--must have bounced.

You use Yahoo, don't you Joseph? They seem to have a very small mailbox. I'll email you a link.

Shane


Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests