[DGP] TRES Hardcover

Discussion of products from third-party companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Would you buy a 176-page hardcover of The Ravage Earth Society if the PDF version were included as well? Retail would be $29.95.

Yes
22%
Yes
22%
Yes
22%
Yes
22%
No
3%
No
3%
No
3%
No
3%

Total votes: 296

The Warlord
Seasoned

#41 Postby The Warlord » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:32 am

I'm one of those who don't buy PDFs, so when I first read about TRES I was disappointed, but hopeful for Slipstream. So, yes, I'd love TRES in book form!

charliebananas
Veteran

#42 Postby charliebananas » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:30 am

I'm one of those who don't buy PDFs, so when I first read about TRES I was disappointed, but hopeful for Slipstream. So, yes, I'd love TRES in book form!

Slipstream is an official setting published by GWG and as such is guaranteed a hard back release (barring some great catastrophe in the games market!), TRES on the other hand is a licensed product published by Double G Press, just thought I’d clear that up. :wink:

jblittlefield
Legendary

#43 Postby jblittlefield » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:55 am

charliebananas wrote:

Slipstream is an official setting published by GWG and as such is guaranteed a hard back release (barring some great catastrophe in the games market!), TRES on the other hand is a licensed product published by Double G Press, just thought I’d clear that up. :wink:

Beat me to it. ;)

Just to make it crystal clear: Double G Press - http://www.doublegpress.com - is an official Savage Worlds licensee. We are not associated with GWG is any other way.

The Ravaged Earth Society is an officially licensed Savage Worlds product being released by Double G Press...not a Great White Games release.

:arrow:

The Warlord
Seasoned

#44 Postby The Warlord » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:19 pm

I knew that, sorry I wasn't more clear.

I meant that I'd like to play TRES, but if it's only PDF, I'll play my pulp out in the upcoming Slipstream game.

jblittlefield
Legendary

#45 Postby jblittlefield » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:54 pm

The Warlord wrote:I meant that I'd like to play TRES, but if it's only PDF, I'll play my pulp out in the upcoming Slipstream game.

Two totally different games unless I'm sadly mistaken... ;)

Redeucer
Heroic

#46 Postby Redeucer » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:19 pm

I think what The Warlord means, JB is that there are different types of pulp. There is the pulp you are doing in TRES and then the Buck Rodgers-Flash Gordon pulp that Slipstream appears to be. So if he can't get his Shadow/Phatnom/etc. pulp in TRES, he'll take the Flash Gordon/Buck Rodgers pulp of Slipstream.
a trai en pace,

Redeucer
Darth Squirellious, Dark Rodent of the Sith!

"Mediocrity has never been so EPIC!"
- SlasherEpoch

The Warlord
Seasoned

#47 Postby The Warlord » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:49 pm

lol, you are correct, Redeucer. Sorry about the confusion!

jblittlefield
Legendary

#48 Postby jblittlefield » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:51 am

The Northlander wrote:Assuming I have the money available when it's released I would rather pay for the hardcover than just a PDF.

-Northy-

I'm going to hold you to that! :arrow:

BTW, interested in doing a character sheet for the game? ;)

Ian
Seasoned

#49 Postby Ian » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:55 am

At the moment, i am only interested in hardbacks and do not consider anything which is pdf. I am waiting impatiently for my favourite wargames rules to be reprinted rather than having to deal with printed out sheets. It is a personal thing. ian

jblittlefield
Legendary

#50 Postby jblittlefield » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:00 am

Well, it looks like people support the idea of bundling a PDF version along with the book, so assuming Peter is able to work out a deal with a printer, it looks like that's the route we're going to travel. Of course, the PDF will also be available as a standalone download (for $19.95) for those few of you that prefer PDF to hardcopy.

jblittlefield
Legendary

#51 Postby jblittlefield » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:01 am

Ian wrote:I am waiting impatiently for my favourite wargames rules to be reprinted...

And what might those be?

mad monkey
Novice

#52 Postby mad monkey » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:25 pm

Sign me up fer one. :D

The Northlander
Novice

#53 Postby The Northlander » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:55 am

jblittlefield wrote:
The Northlander wrote:Assuming I have the money available when it's released I would rather pay for the hardcover than just a PDF.

-Northy-

Possibly. Why don't you PM me and tell me what the specifics are?

-Northy-

jblittlefield
Legendary

#54 Postby jblittlefield » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:57 am

The Northlander wrote:
jblittlefield wrote:

-Northy-

Possibly. Why don't you PM me and tell me what the specifics are?

-Northy-

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you an NDA and a draft copy of the Player's Guide. ;)

jblittlefield
Legendary

#55 Postby jblittlefield » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:11 am

jblittlefield wrote:Well, it looks like people support the idea of bundling a PDF version along with the book, so assuming Peter is able to work out a deal with a printer, it looks like that's the route we're going to travel. Of course, the PDF will also be available as a standalone download (for $19.95) for those few of you that prefer PDF to hardcopy.

Just so you know ... Peter and I are considering (in other words, we're not making any promises at this point) some sort of "upgrade option" for those of you that buy the PDF and then decide that you'd like to get your hands on a real hardcover. No details yet, but just be aware that we are thinking of you. ;)

Ian
Seasoned

#56 Postby Ian » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:28 am

jblittlefield - DBM 3.1 since you asked. I prefer to get my products bound and not in loose leaf (or even worse needing to be printed since I do not have a home computor at present). Similarly I prefer to get products from my FLGS ( I can not be bothered with sending for stuff outside Britain
due to problems with currency exchange). I also have a liking for 15mm or 10 mm figures due to weight and cost (when I used 25mm, the joke was that you could recognise a wargamer by his distorted posture due to carrying huge weights of wargames figures). Ian

jblittlefield
Legendary

#57 Postby jblittlefield » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:00 am

Ian wrote:jblittlefield - DBM 3.1 since you asked. I prefer to get my products bound and not in loose leaf (or even worse needing to be printed since I do not have a home computor at present). Similarly I prefer to get products from my FLGS ( I can not be bothered with sending for stuff outside Britain
due to problems with currency exchange). I also have a liking for 15mm or 10 mm figures due to weight and cost (when I used 25mm, the joke was that you could recognise a wargamer by his distorted posture due to carrying huge weights of wargames figures). Ian

I used to play DBM, but after getting my hands on Might of Arms about five years ago, I haven't played any DBx (or anything with the "Taint of Barker", for that matter) since. ;)

15mm is my preferred scale for everything but American Civil War, for which I like 10mm.

jblittlefield
Legendary

#58 Postby jblittlefield » Mon May 29, 2006 9:48 am

We're still planning to do a hardcover so long as it's financially viable; however, the initial release will be PDF-only.

One thing we're considering is offering a pre-order on hardcovers -- you pre-order the book at about $7 above its intended retail price and get a copy of the PDF version and the Player's Guide as well. That way you can have something to chew on until the book arrives. ;)

Is this something that most people would be interested in?

Seeker Jon
Heroic

#59 Postby Seeker Jon » Mon May 29, 2006 10:01 am

jblittlefield wrote:We're still planning to do a hardcover so long as it's financially viable; however, the initial release will be PDF-only.

One thing we're considering is offering a pre-order on hardcovers -- you pre-order the book at about $7 above its intended retail price and get a copy of the PDF version and the Player's Guide as well. That way you can have something to chew on until the book arrives. ;)

I would be all over that like crazy. Personally, I don't see why anyone interested in the setting wouldn't. You get a perfect set up for running a game. A print copy to have, at least eventually, a pdf full copy for lookin at on trips, PDAs, and the like, and a player's guide to hand out to your players so their not all sharin your one copy of the book.

Its perfect.

jblittlefield
Legendary

#60 Postby jblittlefield » Mon May 29, 2006 10:24 am

Seeker of Truth wrote:
jblittlefield wrote:We're still planning to do a hardcover so long as it's financially viable; however, the initial release will be PDF-only.

I would be all over that like crazy. Personally, I don't see why anyone interested in the setting wouldn't. You get a perfect set up for running a game. A print copy to have, at least eventually, a pdf full copy for lookin at on trips, PDAs, and the like, and a player's guide to hand out to your players so their not all sharin your one copy of the book.

Its perfect.

It would probably be a limited offer -- say one month -- with the intent of raising the money to fund a small print run.

Return to “SW Licensees”