SW Rules Questions

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Alcamtar
Seasoned

SW Rules Questions

#1 Postby Alcamtar » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:44 am

WOUNDS

If a character takes 2 wounds in one attack, 4 wounds in a second
attack, and 4 wounds in a third attack, how many wounds do they have? What is the penalty to rolls (such as healing, or permanent injury)?

The second attack incapacitated the character, so is the third attack ignored, or does it still add wounds? Is the wound penalty capped at -3, or is it capped at -6 since that's how many wounds he had at the point of incapacitation, or do all 10 wounds count for a whopping -10 penalty?

Is the maximum wound penalty capped at -3, or is it the total of all wounds?

DARKNESS PENALTY

Is the penalty for darkness -6 as stated the text on p.66 (and EN p.50), or is it -4 as stated in the summary tables on p.76 and p.138?

Mike

SlasherEpoch
Legendary

#2 Postby SlasherEpoch » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:29 pm

As I understand it:

-Max wound penalty is-3
-Third attack forces another roll on the KO table
-Darkness penalty is -6

Turtle
Seasoned

#3 Postby Turtle » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:03 pm

Actually, you can have three wounds before the next wound incapacitates you and you must consult the knockout blow table.

So that's a max wound penalty of -3, and the FOURTH attack (or whichever attack that gives you the fourth wound) does you in. Also remember that in the KO table, you're only using the number of wounds that the last attack did, not the total amount of wounds.

Pitch darkness is -6, and you must detect an enemy somehow before you can attempt to attack it. This means a notice roll at -6 to represent you smelling, feeling, or hearing an opponent, but not seeing him.

Mort
Heroic

#4 Postby Mort » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:12 pm

I thought it was wounds in the same attack for the knockout table
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

ZekeZero
Site Admin

#5 Postby ZekeZero » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:13 pm

Yeah you can only ever have 3 Wounds. The extra ones just put you in a worse position on the KO chart. The above example would have you on the chart by the finishing blow of 4 Wounds. The third attack would put you on the chart again by 4 Wounds (almost certianly a death sentance).

In effect it means the max Wound penalty is -3, but don't forget Fatigue (Shane's had me at -4 more times than I can count).

-Zeke

Turtle
Seasoned

#6 Postby Turtle » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:26 pm

Ah, so fatigue and wound penalties stack? I didn't know that. I was always taking the higher of the two.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”