Iron Dynasty: Playtesting Call Out!!! - Update Dec 3rd, 2006

Discussion of products from companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Do you like the name as it stands?

Yes.
12%
Yes.
12%
Yes.
12%
Yes.
12%
No. (Please post why.)
13%
No. (Please post why.)
13%
No. (Please post why.)
13%
No. (Please post why.)
13%

Total votes: 132

charliebananas
Veteran

#41 Postby charliebananas » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:03 pm

It must be an twenty-first century thing, and I mean no disrespect, but I’ve been taught that if I don't know something I should educate myself and find out, where as everyone else seems happy to have everything dumb-ed down for them. As for the name of your game Razorwise... stick with what you've got, make sure its all in block capitols and what-ever you do don't use any kanji symbols in the book, it might imply that the game was about Japan! Good luck, and go in the knowledge that you won't please everyone. :lol:

palehorse
Heroic

#42 Postby palehorse » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:03 pm

charliebananas wrote:It must be an twenty-first century thing, and I mean no disrespect, but I’ve been taught that if I don't know something I should educate myself and find out, where as everyone else seems happy to have everything dumb-ed down for them.

It'd be nice, actually, if marketing was really like that. :D

razorwise
Legendary

#43 Postby razorwise » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:58 am

Greets.

Thanks for all the feedback on this. I've been absorbing it all in and am still reserving judgment. ;)

I'll make a few observations, in a few days...

Regards,

Sean

jblittlefield
Legendary

#44 Postby jblittlefield » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:42 am

palehorse wrote:
charliebananas wrote:It must be an twenty-first century thing, and I mean no disrespect, but I’ve been taught that if I don't know something I should educate myself and find out, where as everyone else seems happy to have everything dumb-ed down for them.

It'd be nice, actually, if marketing was really like that. :D

True, it would. ;)

I think the main thing to remember is that you have one chance to catch a potential customer's attention and thus their money. Blow that chance by isolating them with a "niche" title or something lackluster and they'll just move on to the next book on the shelf.

Alan
Veteran

#45 Postby Alan » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:16 pm

jblittlefield wrote:I think the main thing to remember is that you have one chance to catch a potential customer's attention and thus their money. Blow that chance by isolating them with a "niche" title or something lackluster and they'll just move on to the next book on the shelf.

That man speaks the truth, well nearly. I reckon you get 2 chances, but it depends a bit on the circumstances. A suitably interesting name goes a long way, especially when it is being talked about or you can only see the spine. The other chance is a kick ass cover. If a game producing company can't be bothered to get a kick ass cover then why should I bother even picking it up is pretty much how I work. Not always true but I am ashamed nowadays to admit that I picked up a copy of savage worlds more than once prior to the revised edition or having heard anything much about it, took one look at the cover and thought 'no, that looks crap' and put the sucker back down. Not that I could do better but I didn't find it inspiring or intriguing in any way so put it back. If you get a cool cover done I reckon slighty more lenience in the name will be given. A cool cover and dropping the 'Katana: ' part would probably win me over.

cheerio for now,
Alan
Time will tell. She always does.
Follow Savage Mojo on Twitter.

Mr.Joel
Seasoned

#46 Postby Mr.Joel » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:38 pm

he who... wrote:...kick ass cover...

Two simple words: Boobs. :lol:

razorwise
Legendary

#47 Postby razorwise » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:42 pm

Okay guys, I've thought up something that shall meet your approval...

Come Monday, I'll let ya know what I've come up with. ;)

Regards,

Sean

steamdriven
Legendary

#48 Postby steamdriven » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:07 am

go on then lets see it! :D :wink:

till then how about a name with dynasty in it?

you could ask you players if they would like to play,
Iron Dynasty: Honor and steam.

and then the players could say,

"is that that new savage worlds steampunk samurai game?"

just another 2 pence worth.
Last edited by steamdriven on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
join the Steam Driven Publishing group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/263642827062213/ for news about our products and up coming projects

Jackson
Veteran

#49 Postby Jackson » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:24 am

STeamdriven.....

That's funny!

I like the name though! Iron Dynasty....yep, best I've heard.

Ed
Keep it coming...

East Texas University....enroll for the Fall Semester Now!

razorwise
Legendary

#50 Postby razorwise » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:33 pm

Ack. You're lucky I refrain from the use of profanity in public forums. :P

Iron Dynasty sounds really, really great and I must admit, it sounds stronger than the Oriental line name I intended to announce, but the book's title managed to survive (as did my fragile ego.)

So, unless I change my mind again, I shall hence dub the title herewith Iron Dynasty: Sins of the Samurai.

Steamdriven, you have brought honor unto your ancestors and the women shall weep when you leave this realm. ;)

Regards,

Sean

Erskin
Seasoned

#51 Postby Erskin » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:34 pm

razorwise wrote:So, unless I change my mind again, I shall hence dub the title herewith Iron Dynasty: Sins of the Samurai.

I'd just like to thank you for picking something that falls in the same place alphabetically as the previous name. It makes updating the Savage Settings Overview much easier. ;)
Erskin L. Cherry
Promotions Director
Talisman Studios (www.talismanstudios.com)

charliebananas
Veteran

#52 Postby charliebananas » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:44 am

Iron Dynasty: Sins of the Samurai, is a great name, i like it a lot!

steamdriven
Legendary

#53 Postby steamdriven » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:18 am

Iron Dynasty: Sins of the Samurai sounds great. thank you razorwise for the chance to have a little imput in what sounds like a great game. and remember if you need any play testing i'm only an e-mail away. good luck with the book and i look forward to running it soon.
join the Steam Driven Publishing group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/263642827062213/ for news about our products and up coming projects

EssEmAech
Veteran

#54 Postby EssEmAech » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:33 am

Well done!

That's a game I'd pick up at a glance. The subtitle evokes the setting much better than the previous one.
I never learned anything from [anyone] who agreed with me. - Robert A. Heinlein

Alan
Veteran

#55 Postby Alan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:18 am

yeah, that officially rocks as a name. Definitly one that I would spot somewhere and want to investigate further. :trippin:
Time will tell. She always does.

Follow Savage Mojo on Twitter.

jblittlefield
Legendary

#56 Postby jblittlefield » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:14 pm

razorwise wrote:So, unless I change my mind again, I shall hence dub the title herewith Iron Dynasty: Sins of the Samurai.

Well... "Sins of the Samurai" was the title of one of the Ravaged Serials I've written for TRES, but...in the interest of promoting fellowship between the Savage Licensees, I'll come up with another name. ;)

Besides, it is a really good title for your book. :)

MarshalEric
Veteran

#57 Postby MarshalEric » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:37 pm

jblittlefield wrote:Well... "Sins of the Samurai" was the title of one of the Ravaged Serials I've written for TRES, but...in the interest of promoting fellowship between the Savage Licensees, I'll come up with another name. ;)

How come you never told me about your Samurai adventure? Publish it as a TRES Ravaged Serial! :D
"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure."
- William Saroyan

jblittlefield
Legendary

#58 Postby jblittlefield » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:46 pm

MarshalEric wrote:
jblittlefield wrote:Well... "Sins of the Samurai" was the title of one of the Ravaged Serials I've written for TRES, but...in the interest of promoting fellowship between the Savage Licensees, I'll come up with another name. ;)

How come you never told me about your Samurai adventure? Publish it as a TRES Ravaged Serial! :D

'Cause I like to keep things under wraps until they're ready for release. ;)

I've got a few other ideas for Ravaged Serials kicking around in this ole brain o' mine! ;)

razorwise
Legendary

#59 Postby razorwise » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:29 pm

steamdriven wrote:Iron Dynasty: Sins of the Samurai sounds great. thank you razorwise for the chance to have a little imput in what sounds like a great game.

You're quite welcome.

I'm glad to see that the name is being well received by all.

steamdriven wrote: and remember if you need any play testing i'm only an e-mail away. good luck with the book and i look forward to running it soon.

When I'm ready for open playtesting, I'll be sure to put you on the list. ;)

Regards,

Sean

steamdriven
Legendary

#60 Postby steamdriven » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:43 am

thanks razorwise that would be great. oh and whats the weather like in scatterpoint?

Return to “SW Licensees”