Will there be an Epitaph No. 5?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

SkipsH

Will there be an Epitaph No. 5?

#1 Postby SkipsH » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:46 pm

Hi Shane,

Since you said DL Reloaded would give you a chance to finally answer some questions/tie up some plot threads, I was wondering if there would be an Epitaph No. 5, as No. 4 promised the next volume would include details on Hellstrome's secret machinations to win the Great Rail Wars.

Either way, very much looking forward to the entire Reloaded line. (And glad you got out of the D20 business.)

Thanks,
Christopher

palehorse
Heroic

#2 Postby palehorse » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:20 pm

Well, I kinda doubt there'd be a PRINTED version, but if those articles were released as PDF's... :)

PEGShane
Site Admin

#3 Postby PEGShane » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:09 am

I'll probably take the material from the Reloaded draft that I consider "updates" and put it out as one final EP#5--or perhaps just give it it's own name. Not sure yet. Either way, same effect.

Thanks!

Shane

SkipsH

#4 Postby SkipsH » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:55 am

That'd be great, either way. I only really got into Deadlands earlier this year (started with Great Rail Wars and went fromt here) and have managed to get a good many of the books so far, and I've been absolutely captivated by the tragic tale of Hellstromme.

Thanks for the quick reply, and for all the hours and hours of gaming and reading enjoyment!

Christopher

MarshalEric
Veteran

#5 Postby MarshalEric » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:56 am

PEGShane wrote:I'll probably take the material from the Reloaded draft that I consider "updates" and put it out as one final EP#5--or perhaps just give it it's own name. Not sure yet. Either way, same effect.

I hope you'll put out one final Epitaph! I'd hate to have to wait until 2004 for a Deadlands update! :o

I guess you're not taking any more submissions, huh?

MarshalEric

Martin
Novice

#6 Postby Martin » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:12 am

Shane,

I would like to see the secrets and updates of the classic Deadlands universe to be put into a final Epitaph. So, count that as another vote for the idea.

Psykoguy
Heroic

#7 Postby Psykoguy » Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:12 pm

I'd be interested in a fifth epitaph since there wasn't an update on the Hell on Earth version of the Devil's Tower and it's inhabitants.

Mort
Heroic

#8 Postby Mort » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:17 am

likewise
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Torquemada
Seasoned

#9 Postby Torquemada » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:39 pm

Hi!

I think the RELOAD books are going to be the containers of every loose end in the Deadlands history arc.

Later.

Mort
Heroic

#10 Postby Mort » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:20 am

No the reload books will be the launch of savage deadlands.

The "classic" players are supposed to be getting their own final book to fill in the mising info & some of the cracks caused by differing production timetables
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Psykoguy
Heroic

#11 Postby Psykoguy » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:58 pm

And I've just wanted to see how the Devil's Tower is in Hell on Earth, especially considering how it was promised in epitaph 4...

Balance
Seasoned

#12 Postby Balance » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:26 am

I think the Reload books are what both Torq and Mort said... A relaunch of the setting plus a wrap-up of various plot threads.

Last I heard the Classic info was going to be released, but the format was undecided.
Still looking for a good steak.

PEGShane
Site Admin

#13 Postby PEGShane » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:48 am

Balance is dead on.

Reloaded will end *and* begin. Pertinent info will be put out in another format--don't know what that will be yet.

Shane

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”