What the deuce is with this game?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Drex
Novice

What the deuce is with this game?

#1 Postby Drex » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:59 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/weirdwar ... 74859.html

I really doubt that game is based off your game, but if it is that is really cool. Anyways I figured you might want to see this for copyright reasons or something.

palehorse
Heroic

#2 Postby palehorse » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:35 pm

Yeah, someone pointed this out a couple of weeks ago... Probably one of those things Shane can't really talk about too much, what with all the legal mumbo-jumbo involved.

Count Zero
Legendary

#3 Postby Count Zero » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:42 pm

I remember Shane mentioned he'd look into it. Its most likely a matter of "sorry, that names been taken". It happens quite a bit in the entertainment industry. I don't see it becoming a huge issue.
I'm not an adversarial GM. I am a facilitator of awesomeness. - Dr Rotwang

jblittlefield
Legendary

#4 Postby jblittlefield » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:56 pm

Come on now - back in 1979, using the notes on cross genre gaming in the AD&D DM Guide I ran a year-long campaign called "Weird War 2". Full of Nazi zombies and such. I knew I should have copyrighted the name ;)

Turtle
Seasoned

#5 Postby Turtle » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:29 pm

They'll just have to use a new name. There's no big issue, although they'll have to spend some time rebranding the game.

The real issue is that there's no confusion between that game and any future games based on Pinnacle's Weird War 2.

marshal kt
Legendary

#6 Postby marshal kt » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:50 am

i dunno, this is called 'wierd war' shane has 'wierd wars'. 1 letter can make a differnce.. but maybe not.. where's them damn lawyers when ya need them.. ok.. who shot the last lawyer?

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”