[SPC][NE] Super Sorcery and Attack, Ranged

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Altissimus
Novice

[SPC][NE] Super Sorcery and Attack, Ranged

#1 Postby Altissimus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 am

Hi,

As a Super with 5 ranks in super-sorcerey opting to take Attack, Ranged, with all 5 points, can I add mods as I desire each time I "cast" the spell?

For example:

Cast A,R with 5 ranks of SS: pick up A,R (3) + Medium AoE (2).
Throw a few bolts. Win the fight. Have lunch. Cast a few other SS spells, replacing my A,R skills with other things.

Then..

Case A,R again with 5 ranks of SS. New casting of A, R, so can I now choose new mods, or do I have to go with the same as above? (A,R (3) + Medium AoE (2))?

Assume it's different each time? Especially because I might only choose to use 4 ranks of SS?

Assuming I can use ANY A,R mod (except device/activated) when I cast it as an SS, could I therefore use Abundant Material (at -2 mod) and simply choose a material that is conveniently abundant at the time of casting?

Thanks!
A.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [SPC][NE] Super Sorcery and Attack, Ranged

#2 Postby Clint » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Altissimus wrote:Hi,

As a Super with 5 ranks in super-sorcerey opting to take Attack, Ranged, with all 5 points, can I add mods as I desire each time I "cast" the spell?

For example:

Cast A,R with 5 ranks of SS: pick up A,R (3) + Medium AoE (2).
Throw a few bolts. Win the fight. Have lunch. Cast a few other SS spells, replacing my A,R skills with other things.

Then..

Case A,R again with 5 ranks of SS. New casting of A, R, so can I now choose new mods, or do I have to go with the same as above? (A,R (3) + Medium AoE (2))?

Assume it's different each time? Especially because I might only choose to use 4 ranks of SS?

Assuming I can use ANY A,R mod (except device/activated) when I cast it as an SS, could I therefore use Abundant Material (at -2 mod) and simply choose a material that is conveniently abundant at the time of casting?

Yeah, the sorcerer could change the power each time he "cast" it.

But, as I've said before, if a negative Modifier doesn't limit the power, then it's not worth a negative modifier. If the GM says using "Requires Material" ice isn't worth a negative modifier in the arctic circle, then it's nothing more than a trapping.

That said, keep in mind, the character has to be in contact with the material that "Requires Material" requires in order to use it since the attack originates from them. So anything breaking contact between the character and that material renders the power unusable even if "abundant" quantities are still around.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”