[Misfit Studios] SpirosBlaak playtesters wanted

Discussion of products from third-party companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

[Misfit Studios] SpirosBlaak playtesters wanted

#1 Postby Steven Trustrum » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:21 am

Misfit Studios will be "savaging" its SpirosBlaak fantasy setting for PDF/POD release, and is interested in taking on some playtesters familiar with Savage World to look over the converted material and offer feedback. Playtesters shall receive a free copy of the PDF upon release. If interested, please email or PM me using the info attached to this account.

TonyTempest
Seasoned

#2 Postby TonyTempest » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:13 pm

And the stampede from D20 to SW continues! Spirosblaak is an OUTSTANDING setting, this one I'm really really looking forward to.

this is quite awesome!

david

Alan
Veteran

#3 Postby Alan » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:56 am

Thats pretty cool - Spiros Blaak got itself on my radar years ago. Sadly by the time it was released I had long since lost the love for d20/dnd in general. I might finally have an excuse to pick it up and sate my curiosity - it always did look pretty cool. Look forward to hearing more
Time will tell. She always does.
Follow Savage Mojo on Twitter.

Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

#4 Postby Steven Trustrum » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:34 am

Thanks, guys. It's an interesting process to convert from d20 to SW while trying to retain the setting's flavor. I hope the result is to your liking.

Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

#5 Postby Steven Trustrum » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanks to everyone who signed up; we should be good for playtesters for now. Things are already progressing at a fairly good clip with lots of excellent feedback. I'm getting increasingly jazzed to get this out the more things progress.

joela
Novice

SW SpirosBlaak release

#6 Postby joela » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Steve Trustrum wrote:Thanks to everyone who signed up; we should be good for playtesters for now. Things are already progressing at a fairly good clip with lots of excellent feedback. I'm getting increasingly jazzed to get this out the more things progress.

Steve, I have the d20 version of SpirosBlaak and enjoy it thoroughly. Shall we expect the Savaged version in mid to late 2010? Will Christine be contributing new material?

Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

Re: SW SpirosBlaak release

#7 Postby Steven Trustrum » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:54 pm

joela wrote:Steve, I have the d20 version of SpirosBlaak and enjoy it thoroughly. Shall we expect the Savaged version in mid to late 2010? Will Christine be contributing new material?
We hope to have it out some time in 2009 or early 2010. The material in the SW version will be comparable to that in the d20 version, with "new" material being restricted mainly to stuff needed to make the book comparable to the assumed support content the d20 material had from the core books. For instance, costs and details on fantasy gear and the like will be included.

joela
Novice

#8 Postby joela » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:58 pm

Steve Trustrum wrote:
joela wrote:Steve, I have the d20 version of SpirosBlaak and enjoy it thoroughly. Shall we expect the Savaged version in mid to late 2010? Will Christine be contributing new material?
We hope to have it out some time in 2009 or early 2010. The material in the SW version will be comparable to that in the d20 version, with "new" material being restricted mainly to stuff needed to make the book comparable to the assumed support content the d20 material had from the core books. For instance, costs and details on fantasy gear and the like will be included.

Gotcha. Look forward to it even though there won't be a PPC.

Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

#9 Postby Steven Trustrum » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:26 pm

Development of this is back on now that DC Adventures is done. That means I'm gonna have to nudge all the playtesters awake again :)

joela
Novice

#10 Postby joela » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Steve Trustrum wrote:Development of this is back on now that DC Adventures is done. That means I'm gonna have to nudge all the playtesters awake again :)

Please let me know if you need additional groups. My friends and I just play-tested the upcoming ETU by 12 to Midnight and had a blast. We're definitely primed for more SWs. (I also have the d20 SpiroBlaak written by Christina Stiles.)

Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

#11 Postby Steven Trustrum » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:00 pm

joela wrote:(I also have the d20 SpiroBlaak written by Christina Stiles.)
*cough*recheckthebook'scover*cough* :mrgreen:

joela
Novice

#12 Postby joela » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Steve Trustrum wrote:

What? It says right there on the cover: By Steven Trustrum with Christina Stiles -- OOPS :oops:

Christina Stiles
Seasoned

#13 Postby Christina Stiles » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:11 pm

joela wrote:
Steve Trustrum wrote:

What? It says right there on the cover: By Steven Trustrum with Christina Stiles -- OOPS :oops:

Yeah, I was publisher (Bizzaro Games) back then. I hired Steven to write SB (an idea I had but didn't have time to implement), so I'm contributor and developer.

joela
Novice

#14 Postby joela » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Christina Stiles wrote:
joela wrote:
Steve Trustrum wrote:

Yeah, I was publisher (Bizzaro Games) back then. I hired Steven to write SB (an idea I had but didn't have time to implement), so I'm contributor and developer.

OOPS! :oops:

Christina Stiles
Seasoned

#15 Postby Christina Stiles » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:43 pm

joela wrote: Will Christine be contributing new material?

I don't believe the re-release will have new material. I'm working on the racial conversions for the book.

Note, I do plan on writing supplements for the line later, however.

Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

#16 Postby Steven Trustrum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:58 am

Hey there, guys and gals.

The converted material for SpirosBlaak is flying out faster that the current pool of playtesters can keep up. Indeed, we have several weeks worth of material still sitting around waiting for playtester feedback. This means I'd like to bring in some more playtesters to take a look at things ASAP.

Some of the things currently on deck to be discussed:

- Profession "trees": One of the things I'm experimenting with is taking Professional Edges a bit further, by applying ranked Edges. For example, did your character select the Wizard Edge? Well that's great, because doing so is the first step to becoming a Grand Wizard.

- Lots of new races and Racial Edges to go along with them, especially for the kav (lycanthropes) that populate the setting

- A wide variety of new Hindrances suitable to a setting where the gods mingle with mortals

- Some new and interesting ways to use skills that suit the setting

And soon we'll begin posting the creature, equipment, and magic stuff.

If you're interested in playtesting, email trustrum@misfit-studios.com and briefly explain how you can help out. All playtesters receive a free PDF copy of any book they help out with.

Crossroads
Novice

#17 Postby Crossroads » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:31 am

Any update on the Savage Worlds SpirosBlaak?
~Gavin

Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

#18 Postby Steven Trustrum » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:25 am

Christina and I are hoping to get to it after we both clear our immediate plates. I want to roll it and the PFRPG versions out simultaneously.

Kodyax
Veteran

#19 Postby Kodyax » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Sounds Good, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Return to “SW Licensees”