Edges and lost Abilities

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

MagusRogue
Seasoned

Edges and lost Abilities

#1 Postby MagusRogue » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:07 pm

This recently came up in one of my games, and im sure this is in the book somewhere but I'm not sure where. Some edges require a certain level of an ability to use, right. So, if that ability ever decreases (through, say, injury or adding bionic replacements or whatnot), does that Edge cease to work until he raises the ability in question back up? And what about temporary reductions (such as being hit with a <i>lower trait</i> spell)?
Adam Loyd
Freelancer and Proofreader (check me out in the Noir books!)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this rant is over.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Edges and lost Abilities

#2 Postby Clint » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:46 pm

MagusRogue wrote:This recently came up in one of my games, and im sure this is in the book somewhere but I'm not sure where. Some edges require a certain level of an ability to use, right. So, if that ability ever decreases (through, say, injury or adding bionic replacements or whatnot), does that Edge cease to work until he raises the ability in question back up? And what about temporary reductions (such as being hit with a <i>lower trait</i> spell)?

Characters have to meet an Edge's Requirements to "take" the Edge, not to use it. Once a character takes an Edge, they continue to have it even if they later do not meet the requirements.

However the loss of a required Trait level for an Edge they have can prevent them from taking Edges in the future that require that Edge first. See here...

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=267492#267492
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”