Rippers - ideas for bennies

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Kaspar
Seasoned

Rippers - ideas for bennies

#1 Postby Kaspar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:45 pm

I really like having themed bennies for my settings. Right now I'm preparing for Rippers and would like to know if anyone has used anything other than chips for their Rippers game?

VonDan
Legendary

#2 Postby VonDan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Little toy body parts or the internal organs from the visible man/woman models

Dirty Ernie
Veteran

#3 Postby Dirty Ernie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Check here for some ideas, a little way down the page. :wink:
I've often speculated why you don't return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Run off with a senator's wife? I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Averjoe
Seasoned

#4 Postby Averjoe » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 pm

VonDan wrote:Little toy body parts or the internal organs from the visible man/woman models

I LOVE this idea!
The opinions expressed in this post are just my two cents. YMMV :)

Averjoe

VonDan
Legendary

#5 Postby VonDan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Averjoe wrote:
VonDan wrote:Little toy body parts or the internal organs from the visible man/woman models

I LOVE this idea!

And if the task that earned you the bennie was smarts based you get a brain, strength based an arm etc

Kaspar
Seasoned

#6 Postby Kaspar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:14 am

Dirty Ernie wrote:Check here for some ideas, a little way down the page. :wink:

That is amazing!

farik
Seasoned

#7 Postby farik » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:55 am

I'd be tempted to get some of the cheap eyeball hard candy they sell around christmas time and spray some clear coat varnish on them to use as bennies for a Ripper's game.

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

#8 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Skull beads would be cool!

I have a bag, so I have a caveat about using them. They make good bennies, but they are *quite* small, and prone to roll. This makes them easily lost.

This site has them available in black, white, ivory, and glow in the dark.

http://www.ghggbags.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=7
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Kaspar
Seasoned

#9 Postby Kaspar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:29 am

SavageGamerGirl wrote:Skull beads would be cool!

I have a bag, so I have a caveat about using them. They make good bennies, but they are *quite* small, and prone to roll. This makes them easily lost.

This site has them available in black, white, ivory, and glow in the dark.

http://www.ghggbags.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=7

This is what I was looking for. Is the difference between ivory and white large enough to tell a difference?

Other Mike
Seasoned

#10 Postby Other Mike » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:24 am

Ivory tends to be a warm yellowish flavor of white, and you can usually tell the difference. If you want more "realistic" bones or skulls, Ivory is a better color choice over white.

I picked up some nice (and cheap) skull beads from the clearance section at Miniature Market ... though I don't see them there now.
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

Kaspar
Seasoned

#11 Postby Kaspar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:41 am

Other Mike wrote:Ivory tends to be a warm yellowish flavor of white, and you can usually tell the difference. If you want more "realistic" bones or skulls, Ivory is a better color choice over white.

I picked up some nice (and cheap) skull beads from the clearance section at Miniature Market ... though I don't see them there now.

We are just finishing up our two-year running Deadlands campaign and we really liked the different Fate Chips that the setting has. So I wanted to use that with Rippers as well, so therefore the three different skull beads should be fairly different from one another.

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

#12 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:25 am

I have the ivory ones, and I can assure you they are different enough from white to not cause a problem.

They are sort of a dull yellow color, with a black wash for shadow and highlights.

The biggest issue I've had with them is that they are only about the size of a pea, and, being somewhat round, do roll a bit.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Kaspar
Seasoned

#13 Postby Kaspar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:40 am

SavageGamerGirl wrote:I have the ivory ones, and I can assure you they are different enough from white to not cause a problem.

They are sort of a dull yellow color, with a black wash for shadow and highlights.

The biggest issue I've had with them is that they are only about the size of a pea, and, being somewhat round, do roll a bit.

thanks for the information, I've just made an order :-)

farik
Seasoned

#14 Postby farik » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:06 am

SavageGamerGirl wrote:I have the ivory ones, and I can assure you they are different enough from white to not cause a problem.

I've considered using the skull beads as bennies before I was planning on maving each benny consist of a short string or small loop of 5 beads each. For convenience I was going to use twist ties rather than string.

Snate56
Legendary

#15 Postby Snate56 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Litko also has some skull tokens that are flat.
Too bad Halloween has passed, you can normally find cheapo necklaces with much larger beads.

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”