Future of deadlands

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Gallows
Novice

Future of deadlands

#1 Postby Gallows » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Bought the flood on rpgnow and read through it. Great book, great campaign. The books mentions continued stories in another book and that got me wondering. Are there still deadlands books and campaigns in the works. Both last sons and the flood are awesome.

Since the original deadlands it's been one of my favorite settings - but with the smooth new SW rules I'd like to start a new big campaign in the weird west.

But with noir released, have they moved on to that or is deadlands stuff still being planned?

jpk
Legendary

#2 Postby jpk » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Fret not, there's more Dead lands a-comin'! There are two more of the large campaigns in Cutter's head. If he doesn't get them out on paper, I fear they may claw their own way out of his head. That would make us very sad.

There's more material planned, but I'll leave that to those closer to the production speak to it.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

Behati
Novice

#3 Postby Behati » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Here's a list of other products for DLR that are currently in the works.

The next item is a book of magical relics from the explorer's society vault located in Flood.

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31906

Gallows
Novice

#4 Postby Gallows » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:38 am

That's great news. When I first bought the old DL there wasn't so much adventure material, but after having read those two big plot point campaigns I'm very impressed. Lots of great stuff in those books and the best part is that you have some background the players can read. Plus all the GM info is for practical game usage abd not just something the GM reads and then wonder, how that's ever going to relate to the players. Also bought your music albums - that's just awesome and beyond what other game companies create. Lovely stuff and by all means please save the poor mans head :-D

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”