Very small forum tuning request

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Sean-Khan
Veteran

Very small forum tuning request

#1 Postby Sean-Khan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:47 am

Google is a great tool for searching information, including from this forum ( using site:peginc.com ) . The issue with this is that every forum result comes up as "Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group :: View topic ..." and you can't see any actual topic titles. Could the page title be changed so that it's very short or forum name comes after topic title? Thanks!

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

Re: Very small forum tuning request

#2 Postby Kristian Serrano » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 am

Sean-Khan wrote:Google is a great tool for searching information, including from this forum ( using site:peginc.com ) . The issue with this is that every forum result comes up as "Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group :: View topic ..." and you can't see any actual topic titles. Could the page title be changed so that it's very short or forum name comes after topic title? Thanks!
I've come across this many times. I If the title of the thread was first, followed by Forums and then Pinnacle Entertainment Group, it'd be much friendlier for Google Search Results and bookmarks.

Example: Shaken and Wounds - Forum - Pinnacle Entertainment Group

Truth be told, this is really much more important than it seems. Doing a site search from Google (i.e. - site:peginc.com/forum) often yields better results than the forum's search tool.

Thunderforge
Veteran

#3 Postby Thunderforge » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Also I wonder if it might be a good opportunity to drop "Great White Games" from the title, or at least switch to having Pinnacle first. The name change happened in 2005 and everybody knows it as Pinnacle now.
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

#4 Postby Kristian Serrano » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Linking the Pinnacle logo to the main peginc.com site (href="/") would be nice, too.

qbrendan
Novice

Re: Very small forum tuning request

#5 Postby qbrendan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Sean-Khan wrote:Google is a great tool for searching information, including from this forum ( using site:peginc.com ) . The issue with this is that every forum result comes up as "Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group :: View topic ..." and you can't see any actual topic titles. Could the page title be changed so that it's very short or forum name comes after topic title? Thanks!

Noted, and implemented! Thanks for the critique, definitely better like this.

(May take a bit for Google to reindex, but thread titles will appear first now in future indexes)

-B
-Brendan Quinn
Partner, Squid&Crow [PEG's web folken]
CTO, 12 to Midnight Inc.
http://theravensreport.com

Sean-Khan
Veteran

#6 Postby Sean-Khan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:42 am

Great, thanks! :D

VonDan
Legendary

#7 Postby VonDan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:53 am

And an odd thing I noticed when searching savage worlds on the google home page if a link bring me back to this web site and i all ready have it open it will log me off both windows.

What the forum really needs is a Like and Exalt feature for when i make semi related post that are highly entertaining

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”