[Interface Zero] Hacking 2.0 questions

Discussion of products from third-party companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

fenriswolf
Novice

[Interface Zero] Hacking 2.0 questions

#1 Postby fenriswolf » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:18 pm

I recently picked up the Hacking 2.0 PDF largely because of the recommendations online. How do these rules overrule the ones from the main book? Do they supersede particular ones or the whole hacking section? How does Ghosting work with the addition of the Hyper Glove? Is there anything I need to know to integrate the updated rules smoothly?

DavidJ
Heroic

Re: [Interface Zero] Hacking 2.0 questions

#2 Postby DavidJ » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:52 pm

fenriswolf wrote:I recently picked up the Hacking 2.0 PDF largely because of the recommendations online. How do these rules overrule the ones from the main book? Do they supersede particular ones or the whole hacking section? How does Ghosting work with the addition of the Hyper Glove? Is there anything I need to know to integrate the updated rules smoothly?

Hacking 2.0 overrules all of the rules in The first edition of Interface Zero. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "how," though. They just do.

Ghosting is no longer possible with the new rules.

Too many people found it hard to wrap their heads around, so I changed it.

If you're happy with the original rules, then keep them. Those are still just fine, in my opinion. I made the changes ot streamline everything.
David Jarvis
Owner, Gun Metal Games

fenriswolf
Novice

#3 Postby fenriswolf » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't sure if it was a complete rules replacement or simply superseded particular parts. Thanks for the quick reply and clarification.

DavidJ
Heroic

#4 Postby DavidJ » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:27 pm

fenriswolf wrote:Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't sure if it was a complete rules replacement or simply superseded particular parts. Thanks for the quick reply and clarification.

Keep any eye out for the final update to Hacking 2.0.

We're adding the advanced rules which will allow you to create avatars, and go completely virtual. Powers are treated as programs, and edges are given a "virtual" transfer. How each transfers into a digital environment is explained.
David Jarvis

Owner, Gun Metal Games

fenriswolf
Novice

#5 Postby fenriswolf » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Awesome. I will definitely keep my eyes out for it.

Kodyax
Veteran

#6 Postby Kodyax » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:42 pm

I may just wait for the revamp of the whole system.

Return to “SW Licensees”