[Classic] Huckster 'Quick Cards

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

rungok
Novice

[Classic] Huckster 'Quick Cards

#1 Postby rungok » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:41 am

I was wondering if anyone had designed any 'quick reference' cards for huckster hexes. I only ask cause many of the hexes have a lot of stuff written about what they do, and it won't fit on a single line of the section on the classic character sheet.

I made a few 'quick cards' for my huckster's hexes and tricks. They're sized that when printed will fit on the face of a playing card. I'm going to try to find a way to get them printed on real playing cards, but I have cardstock paper for now and I'll use that and some scissors. I am still working on the design, but eventually they'll have the Hoyle logo on the back, and the front has a 'cheat sheet' for that particular hex or trick on it.

Here's a link to one that I've posted. The template I designed made generating these cards really easy, so when I learn more hexes I can make those cards too.
http://rungok.deviantart.com/art/Huckst ... 1350466785

I suppose I can provide the rest, if people like the idea and want me to share them.

CLKoenig
Novice

#2 Postby CLKoenig » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Quite a cool idea!

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#3 Postby ValhallaGH » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:11 pm

With just under 200 official hexes, that's a lot of cards to make. :1eek13:

rungok
Novice

#4 Postby rungok » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:49 am

Right now I'm only making cards for Hexes/tricks I know.

And it takes like 2 mins to make one card. So in time I could make em all easy.

LuigiX
Novice

#5 Postby LuigiX » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:24 am

This first card looks great; I'd be very interested in seeing your final product!

I've gotten cards printed from Superior Print on Demand (http://superiorpod.com) and been very happy with the results. They have a very easy to use Photoshop template for creating the cards. The cards are good quality & very attractive (but I've found the tuck boxes leave a little to be desired- functional, but flimsey). They're also the cheapest I've been able to find (they'll print a single deck for @$5 for 54 cards)

Snate56
Legendary

#6 Postby Snate56 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:53 pm

I dood that!
Only made up them up as the Huckster needed them.
I also used the cards from Great Rail Wars for a more FFF style game...

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

ShogaHin
Novice

Huckster Spell cards

#7 Postby ShogaHin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 am

I printed mine on basic 3x5 cardstock. With the 2 holes for the folder. I just copied/pasted the spells into each card. Using the back for charts. Keeps all together alphabetically. I have almost all the Hexes; Huckster, Metal Mage, Hexslinger and Shootist. If anyone wants the word document, shoot me a email.

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”