[Mostly Classic] Population of Denver and Vegas?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Professor Phobos
Novice

[Mostly Classic] Population of Denver and Vegas?

#1 Postby Professor Phobos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:06 am

I am SURE I saw somewhere, in some book, that the population of Denver was supposed to be 20,000.

But for the life of me I can't find it.

In addition, I've checked Children of the Atom and City o' Sin for how many people are supposed to be in Lost Vegas, but I've had no luck. Did they ever give a population count? I know Reloaded put it at 12,000.

Jack_Spade
Novice

#2 Postby Jack_Spade » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:59 pm

At a quick glance, the hard numbers I could find put the Red Hat Population at 4,000 and the population of Camp Freedom at 7,000; that is 11,000 people, with Green Hats, Robo-Hunters/Steel Knights, rebels, Black Hats, and other large slave populations unaccounted for.

I am guessing at around 25,000+ people live in Denver and area.

Professor Phobos
Novice

#3 Postby Professor Phobos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:32 pm

I think the population count, now that I dig into my memories, came from a Listserv errata conversation that used to be on the old Deadlands website but has since vanished along with a bunch of neat stuff from Back In The Day.

(Like the Black Chip. The sweet, sweet Black Chip.)

I can't think of any other book to check.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:39 am

Professor Phobos wrote:(Like the Black Chip. The sweet, sweet Black Chip.)

You mean this Black Chip? http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=64997&sid=0507bd65c1f3e2b6675a3a9176a9edf3
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Professor Phobos
Novice

#5 Postby Professor Phobos » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Oh man, thanks. Now I just have to figure out how to adapt it to Savage Worlds, which shouldn't be too difficult.

It's a shame some of the other stuff from the old website didn't survive. I remember new edges and hindrances, extra Librarian powers, adventures, etc, an "Arcane Chip" and new arcane backgrounds like the "Grave Knight" and the "Faerie Doctor."

Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

#6 Postby Fuzyfeet » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:37 am

Professor Phobos wrote:It's a shame some of the other stuff from the old website didn't survive. I remember new edges and hindrances, extra Librarian powers, adventures, etc, an "Arcane Chip" and new arcane backgrounds like the "Grave Knight" and the "Faerie Doctor."

You could try the WayBackMachine for the Accumulated Rulings or Pinnacles' old stuff, and if that's not what your looking for you can even sift through the old listserv. I still get a kick out of the stuff we use to come up with...

Professor Phobos
Novice

#7 Postby Professor Phobos » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Ah, the good old days of the mailing list. I once had a rough draft of "Satellite Shamans", an AB for Hell on Earth about cargo cultists making spiritual contact with ComSat & Company, but never submitted it.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”