[Beasts and Barbarians] Temptress edge

Discussion of products from companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Archmage
Novice

[Beasts and Barbarians] Temptress edge

#1 Postby Archmage » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:54 am

Hi there,

last saturday we played B & B for the first time. We have a Concubine in our group with the attractive/very attractive edges (Char +4) and the Temptress edge. For invoking the boost/lower trait she uses persuasion as arcane skill. Does she get her charismabonus for this roll (making a fail nearly impossible)? In the heat of the game I allowed it, assuming she is charming the recepient.
Thx for your comments.

kaltorak
Veteran

#2 Postby kaltorak » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Rulewise, I'll say no, she has to roll on "pure" Persuasion (being Charisma accounted in her Power Points), but from a role-play side I'll suggest you to give her a bonus to the roll up to her Charisma for really good role play. :wink:

Sadric
Heroic

#3 Postby Sadric » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:25 am

Mh, interesting question. I really like this Edge. :-)
Maybe it counts if you boost a score, but not if you lower it.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:00 am

It's a Persuasion roll to use, and Charisma affects Persuasion unless the GM says otherwise. By the Rules As Written (RAW), charisma applies.

Remember, boost / lower is opposed by the target's Spirit. That +4 to +8 is a big deal, but it's not going to guarantee success.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

kaltorak
Veteran

#5 Postby kaltorak » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:34 am

@ValhallaGH
It isn't exactly a Persuasion roll, the text says: "She uses Persuasion as arcane skill", so it is an arcane skill roll, which incidentallly, in this case, is the Persuasion skill :).
But you can add Charisma, if you want. We won't send barbarians at your home to check how you play it :lol:

Archmage
Novice

#6 Postby Archmage » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:16 am

kaltorak wrote:@ValhallaGH
It isn't exactly a Persuasion roll, the text says: "She uses Persuasion as arcane skill", so it is an arcane skill roll, which incidentallly, in this case, is the Persuasion skill :).
But you can add Charisma, if you want. We won't send barbarians at your home to check how you play it :lol:

Thx for clarifying, I think I will go with the "official" way: no Charisma bonus. It seemed rather overpowered, but as stated it was in the heat of the battle ;-)
Thx to everybody else for the input

jscifert
Novice

#7 Postby jscifert » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:08 pm

I know the Seductress Edge in Pirates of the Spanish Main specifically allowed for use of Charisma in the Test of Wills using Persuasion, but I believe that the call-out for the Temptress Edge reads differently and does act as an arcane skill and so I would also not allow Charisma to add to this as written.

Return to “SW Licensees”