Question about the Solomon Kane Players Guide

Information and comments on all Pinnacle official Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Kuroth
Novice

Question about the Solomon Kane Players Guide

#1 Postby Kuroth » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 pm

1. Is everything in the Players guide already in the Solomon Kane Core book? I read this on one review site.. I already have the Core book so trying to determine if I need the Players guide..

2. When it comes to my RPG'ing, I like books. Will the players guide come out in Hardbound or Paperback version?

Thanks!

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#2 Postby Sitting Duck » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:06 am

The Player's Guide (as well as the Player's Guides for other Savage settings) is a PDF-only release which consists of everything from the Player's Section of the main book. It's meant to give players in a campaign a less expensive option (since Solomon Kane is one of the pricier Savage Worlds settings). Since you already have the hard copy book, there isn't much point in getting the Player's Guide.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

Kuroth
Novice

#3 Postby Kuroth » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks you very much for the info.. I am new to SW so learning all the ins and outs..

K.G. Carlson
Novice

#4 Postby K.G. Carlson » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:55 am

Kuroth wrote:Thanks you very much for the info.. I am new to SW so learning all the ins and outs..

Welcome aboard! This is a great online community for an awesome game and settings.

fanchergw
Heroic

#5 Postby fanchergw » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 am

Sitting Duck wrote:The Player's Guide (as well as the Player's Guides for other Savage settings) is a PDF-only release which consists of everything from the Player's Section of the main book. It's meant to give players in a campaign a less expensive option (since Solomon Kane is one of the pricier Savage Worlds settings). Since you already have the hard copy book, there isn't much point in getting the Player's Guide.

The advantage of the Player's Guides is that they include a license to PRINT copies for all of the players. Rather than have everyone buy the full book (and possibly be tempted to read parts they shouldn't), one player can buy the PG and print copies for all of the other players. This way, they have all of the info that they need for making characters as well as basic world info to understand the setting.

Gordon

Jux
Seasoned

#6 Postby Jux » Tue May 13, 2014 4:22 am

I want Solomon Kane Players Guide in print. What are my options?
https://www.peginc.com/store/the-savage ... guide-pdf/

I think Pinnacle is not considering putting it on sale on DTRPG as POD option?

As this PDF has licence to print, can I use it for professional printing services like Lulu? Any recommendation for printing service located in Europe?

Return to “SW Official Settings & Companions”